The Lincoln Africa Scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to high-achieving postgraduate students from all around Africa. The University of Lincoln is pleased to offer a Lincoln Africa scholarship to deserving postgraduate applicants for programs beginning in September 2022 at the undergraduate level. In the case of qualifying students, scholarship payments take the form of a reduction in tuition costs and are valued at a maximum of $5,000.
About the Scholarship:
It is estimated that more than 90,000 students from more than 135 countries have enrolled at the University of Lincoln thanks to the Queen’s official opening of the first building on the Brayford Pool Campus. According to The Times Higher Education’s (THE) Young University Rankings 2020, Lincoln is one of the top 150 institutions in the world. In addition, The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 named Lincoln the “Modern University of the Year.”For the University of Lincoln, students are at the heart of everything they do and have a reputation for innovative teaching, having received a five-star overall QS Stars rating in 2020 and Gold in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017, the highest quality achievable. Living in Lincoln, a city with a history stretching back to 300 B.C., is one of Europe’s greatest academic experiences. Lincoln Cathedral, which was erected in 1072 and was once the world’s tallest edifice, is only one of several historical buildings and sites in the city of Lincoln. Lincoln Castle, which has been guarding the city’s skyline for nearly 1,000 years, is also located in the city. By providing a variety of chances to interact with business and acquire career-ready skills, the University of Lincoln strives to help students prepare for their future careers. As a result of innovative relationships with a wide range of organizations, students have access to a wide range of options for job experience and networking. We at the University of Lincoln provide a wide range of chances to help you develop the abilities and attributes that employers are increasingly seeking in new hires today. Some of our undergraduate and graduate taught programs, for instance, allow students to apply to participate in a work placement or project in the business world. You may also get the opportunity to learn from guest lecturers and participate in field trips.Most student housing at the University of Lincoln is either on the Brayford Pool Campus or within a short distance of it Lincoln Courts and Cygnet Wharf are two waterfront complexes that make up the University’s on-campus housing, the Student Village. Other off-campus housing alternatives, like as resident halls and co-ops, are also managed by the University for new and continuing students.The Telegraph ranked Lincoln as one of Britain’s 20 best cities in 2017, and it’s easy to see why. The city is a great place to live, learn, and work. According to the Eden Project’s Big Lunch and individuals who reside in Lincoln, Lincoln was again voted the friendliest place in the UK in 2016. According to The Times Good University Guide 2020, Lincoln is one of the most affordable student locations in the UK.Lincolnshire’s citizens may be unknown to you, but their contributions to history extend far beyond the county’s borders. Physicist and mathematician Sir Isaac Newton was born in the village of Woolsthorpe-by-Colsterworth in Lincolnshire in 1642. Margaret Thatcher, the UK’s first female prime minister, was born in Lincolnshire, as was poet Alfred Tennyson.Many period shows and films, like Downton Abbey and The Da Vinci Code have used Lincoln, which has more than two millennia’s worth of history. The Lincolnshire Wolds and the British beach towns of Cleethorpes and Skegness are just a short drive away from the county’s unique history and countryside, and the Lincolnshire sausage is a regional delicacy. In Lincoln, one of the world’s most historic cities, the ancient and the new blend seamlessly. When you combine the dynamic heart of the city with Lincoln’s storied Cathedral Quarter, you get a setting that is perfect for both living and studying. On Lincoln’s Brayford Pool beachfront, the University of Lincoln’s main campus, the city’s Roman and medieval heritage combines smoothly with modern city life. We are pleased to have received national recognition as an award-winning benefits provider. We provide extensive annual leave (plus six extra days during Christmas and Easter), a competitive wage, a workplace pension plan, and an excellent learning development program to help you grow and build your career. In Lincoln, the crime rate is very low and the entertainment alternatives are very diverse. There are numerous places to eat, drink, shop, and watch movies here, as well as a dynamic events calendar that runs throughout the year. Lincoln’s average terrace house price is 79% less than London’s (Zoopla, October 2019). A Lincoln terraced house costs, on average, £149,918. There is an average price of £711,355 for a terrace house in London.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Lincoln
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship pays for the entire cost of attending Cambridge University on a full-ride scholarship basis. Moreover, in addition to the necessary payment, it also provides discretionary funding. In order to do this, the Fully Funded Cambridge Scholarship seeks to create a global network of future leaders who are committed to improving the lives of others.
For the period of study, the University of Lincoln will grant a total of £5,000 in awards to all qualifying candidates who meet the requirements.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Prospective students must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of (or have a permanent residence in) a country located in Africa.
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Lincoln for a full-time postgraduate taught or Master’s by Research programme starting in February or September 2021? Please go here to find out more.
- Have received a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum grade point average of 2:2 or an equivalent grade point average
- To be able to communicate effectively in English in order to pursue their selected course of study (usually requiring an IELTS score of 6.0–7.0 or equivalent).
The University of Lincoln Scholarships for African Students in UK for Master is open to all International Students
- Interested in learning more and being qualified? To apply, visit the University of Lincoln’s website at www.lincoln.ac.uk.
- How to Apply: If you are interested in beginning your higher education in the United Kingdom, you should apply for admission to a postgraduate degree program at a local college or university. Additionally, candidates must complete an International Scholarship Application Form (PDF) and submit it through email to intschola[email protected] when they have completed their application.
- Supporting Documents: The university will not request any further documentation, although it reserves the right to do so at the time of admission.
- To be admitted to the university, candidates must meet all of the requirements for admission established by the institution.
- Language Requirement: Participants must be able to communicate in English at a level appropriate for their desired field of study, which is often between 6.0 and 7.0 on the IELTS test or an equivalent.
The application deadline for University of Lincoln Scholarships for African Students in UK for Master Is December 17, 2022