Scholarships will be awarded to international students who are nationals of an African nation and have been accepted into an undergraduate degree at Université Laval. The initiative’s objective is to encourage academic performance by recognizing and rewarding students who come from countries in Africa.
This scholarship, which is worth $5,000 a year, can be renewed for a total of one additional year if the recipient maintains the level of excellence required by the faculty, as well as if the research director recommends it and the faculty gives their consent.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Founded in 1663, Laval University is a public research institution with ties to numerous prestigious organizations as CARL, AUFC, AUCC, the IAU, CBIE, CIS, and UArctic. Francois De Montmorency-Laval, the first Bishop of New France, established the university. Prior to its current name, this educational institution was known as Seminaire De Quebec. The original purpose of the university was to educate and prepare priests to serve in New France. It later grew in size and scope to include liberal arts instruction. The university’s theological, legal, medical, scientific, social science, and forestry schools all opened in the early 20th century. The curriculum also required the completion of a research thesis. Popular schools including economics, politics, and sociology were established in 1938.
There are more than 30 buildings on campus, all of which were designed in a contemporary manner. In addition to the library for the social sciences, the campus is home to a research center for working with wood. The Faculty of Administrative Sciences, the Faculty of Architecture, the Faculty of Dentistry, the Faculty of Pharmacy, the Faculty of Forestry, the Faculty of Agriculture, the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies, and the Faculty of Science and Engineering are among the most well-known departments on campus. The significant growth in enrollment has also necessitated the construction of new structures on campus.
The university is home to four of Canada’s 19 Excellence Research Chairs: the Research Excellence Chair in Remote Sensing; the Research Excellence Chair in Microbiome-Endocannabinoidome in Metabolic Health; the Research Excellence Chair in Photonic Innovations; and the Excellence Chair in Neurophotonics. Across its more than 60 academic units, the university provides students with access to 500 degree and certificate options in virtually every academic discipline. Approximately 43,000 students enroll each year, including 7,000 from other countries. The institution has more than 9,600 full- and part-time employees, including 3,045 faculty and staff.
Louis St. Laurent (Canada’s 12th prime minister), Niklaus Wirth (a designer of programming languages), Charles Fitzpatrick (Canada’s 5th chief justice), Brian Mulroney (Canada’s 18th prime minister), Jacques-Edouard Alexis (Haiti’s 9th prime minister), Gaston Miron (a renowned author), Edith Butler (a renowned singer), Marcel Aubut (President of the Canadian Olympic Committee), Manon Brouillette ( (Professional Hockey player).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Laval
Scholarship Country: Canada
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship awarding an amount equal to $5,000 per year
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Have earned a bachelor degree from a secondary school (high school) in the Maghreb or sub-Saharan Africa, or be working toward earning one at the present time.
- Students who are beginning their studies during the summer semester are ineligible.
- Be a first-time student who has just been accepted to the BAA for the autumn or winter term.
- Have an overall average of 14/20 or above; a score of 14/20 or higher in mathematics You must not have previously acquired any credits from Laval University.
- Be enrolled in the BAA on a full-time basis for a minimum of two consecutive sessions
- To qualify, you must be a citizen of a Maghreb or sub-Saharan African countries.
- Before the application deadlines for the Bachelor of Business Administration program in the winter of 2019 or the fall of 2019, submit a full application and be accepted as a student in the program.
- The outstanding quality of the student’s academic record
- Precarious financial condition
- Applicants should read the criteria listed in the Know before you apply and Application assessment criteria tabs in the Scholarships and funding section of the FSA website ULaval. This fact sheet includes eligibility and selection criteria, but applicants should also read the criteria listed in those tabs.
The University of Laval 2023 Excellence Scholarship for African Students is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- You are required to fill out the form found online.
- Beginning on January 24, 2023, you will be able to access the form.
The application deadline for University of Laval 2023 Excellence Scholarship for African Students is April 14, 2023