In honor of Nicola Crowley, a much-loved coworker, a scholarship in her name was established in 2018 and is now supported financially by the New Zealand Super Fund. The primary objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance and motivation to women who are interested in pursuing a career in the fields of computer science and digital technology.
One full-time female student from either an international or domestic institution who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science conjoint degree, or Bachelor of Applied Science with Honors degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics is eligible to receive a scholarship from the University of Auckland in the amount of $5,000.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a public university in Auckland, New Zealand, where anyone can earn a degree in the sciences or any other field of study. Its doors first welcomed visitors in the year 2000. Since its founding in 1895 under its original name, Auckland Technical Institution, students have had the option of attending evening classes. The addition of afternoon programs at Auckland Technical College was a major factor in the decision to change the college’s name.
In the year 2000, the university changed its name to better reflect its role as a research institution. Both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Consejo Latinoamericano de Escuelas de Administracion (CLASA) have accredited them. Also, it has been acknowledged as a leading business school by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
In the past and present, AUT has collaborated with various large and small businesses, including NASA, Air New Zealand, Spark, and Orion Health. Obviously, you shouldn’t ignore the possibility of looking into other regions. The University of Auckland is comprised of three separate campuses: the City Campus, in the center of Auckland’s central business district; the North Campus, in Northcote; and the Manukau Campus, in Manukau.
The campuses are home to a wide variety of buildings, including state-of-the-art library and computer labs, administrative offices, dining halls, student housing, and recreation centers. A professional mental health counselor is available to all AUT students at no cost, and they can also be reached out to for various forms of support. The student body can choose from many different cafes, bars, and restaurants that all serve healthy food and drinks. Among the many resources available on campus, students can take advantage of libraries, gyms, training rooms, sports fields, printing offices, student lounges, childcare facilities, bookstores, and student service centers. Guests can also make use of the many student centers provided. All students have access to free, unlimited Wi-Fi wherever on campus.
Apartments and townhouses, some with kitchens and some without, are available for AU students to live in on campus. The four different campuses of the institution are all conveniently located near a variety of services and attractions, such as retail stores, theaters, and libraries. There is a bus service available for the students and staff of the school. Its academic structure is unique among colleges and universities, with seventeen separate schools and five faculties.
From arts and design to clinical studies to language to psychology to nursing to tourism and hospitality to law to public health to social science to athletics, the institution offers more than 250 degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines. There are several other routes to study and certificates that can be earned. This year, there will be 29,250 students and 3,400 academics and staff at Auckland University of Technology. There are a total of 195 full professors, associate professors, and assistant professors teaching at the university. The university’s doctoral program today has more than 994 students enrolled.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Auckland
Scholarship Country: New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The value of the scholarship is $5,000.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Full-time enrollment in the first year of a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science conjoint program, or Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) degree program in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics at the University of Auckland is required of applicants. Applicants must be currently enrolled in the program and have either paid their fees or made arrangements to pay their fees.
- Students from either the United States or other countries are required to apply.
- The applicants must identify as female.
The University of Auckland 2023 Nicola Crowley Memorial Scholarship for Women in Computer Science is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit an application to the University of Auckland, please visit aucklandscholars.communityforce.com.
- To ensure that you meet the requirements to submit an application, please read the regulations very carefully. After that, navigate to the website, select the “Apply now” button, and finish filling out the online application form. It is highly recommended that you examine the form as soon as possible in the event that a reference or endorsement is necessary to support your application, and that you become familiar with the form. By the closing date, which is midnight on the designated day, all sections, including request sections, must be finished. It is strongly suggested that you should not use the same web browser to open two separate scholarship applications at the same time.
The application deadline for the University of Auckland 2023 Nicola Crowley Memorial Scholarship for Women in Computer Science is March 15, 2023.