The University of Nottingham encourages the high achieving athletes to further their undergraduate degree for the academic year of 2022-2023 with the help of the International Sports Excellence Awards in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship aims to provide an opportunity to international athletic students who want to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the United Kingdom. A full-time academic course in ant of the field subject chosen for their future careers will be accepted in the scholarship awards. Unlock your academic and sports potential with a tuition fee waiver amounting to £5,000.
The University of Nottingham offers a range of sports scholarship that aims to provide unrivaled sports level supports to the talented and brightest students in the world. The students in sports can find a variety of scholarships and information in different level packages offers annually by the university. The university has a history of sports success and a reputation for academic excellence, they are passionate about supporting the promising athletes and the students who have the academic merits. Three sports scholarship packages, as well as specialist options, will be offered.
Keep in mind that the financial awards will denote the maximum scholarship awards at every level and will vary depending on the student’s achievements and performance.
Scholarship Provider: University of Nottingham
About the Provider
Founded in 1881, The University of Nottingham is a public research university in the United Kingdom. It offers a wide range of courses and services for international students. The university offers international students a valuable experience, providing them with top-notch academic skills and also assisting in personal development.
Teaching at the University of Nottingham is like no other. Your teacher prioritizes the student experience—learning, listening, and acting on regular feedback—to deliver quality teaching that fits you and your journey. The students are the focus of their actions. The university continues to expand its campus to ensure you have the study space, facilities, and resources you need.
The teachings are exported by some of the brightest minds in their field and have been informed by the latest revolutionary research. Student grades will reflect how their teaching is excellent, and each year hundreds of academic staff are nominated at the staff Oscars.
Nottingham’s research has a global impact, addressing some of the biggest challenges facing the economy, society, and the environment. The various degree programs at the University of Nottingham include internships or elements of work experience, ensuring you gain hands-on experience in a professional environment.
Whether you start a year in the industry, complete a summer internship or complete clinical practice as part of your degree, you will be equipped with the right skills that employers are waiting and looking for. The employment rates of the graduates from the University of Nottingham have a large impact on the modern industry.
The graduate students at the university are constantly supported by leading companies to give their careers the best possible start. 96.5% of students are employed or continue their studies six months after graduation and 96.6% of Ph.D. students are employed or continue their studies for six months after graduation. With the Nottingham Advantage Awards program, the students will find a diverse portfolio of modules to further enhance their employability.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Field: Sports and other eligible courses for the undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Duration: Full-time
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: £5,000
- Renewable: Yes
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Offered Annually: Yes
To proceed with the application, the students must meet the following eligibility:
- Must be at the academy national or international students in any sports or can demonstrate evidence of future potential outstanding students.
- Must be classified as an international paying fee student.
- Must be holding an offer to start their academic course in a full-time program in any subject area commencing in September 2022 at the University of Nottingham.
- The priority will be given to the sports program within the BUCS, Olympics, Commonwealth Sports, Paralympics, and other sports considered courses and will be based on a case by case situations.
- The scholarship awards cannot be combined with any other awards offered by the University of Nottingham, external scholarships, government scholarships, and any other private sector. However, the students may be able to receive a subject scholarship to the academic schools but will not guarantee a hundred percent of the tuition fees.
- The scholarship award will only be deducted from the student’s tuition fee, the awards will not be directly sent to the successful students but will be directly sent to the admission department as a tuition fee reduction.
No offer of study is required to apply for this scholarship, but the university recommends applying for an academic degree as soon as possible. You may be on the scholarship list after your initial application, but you must accept and firmly receive the offer before you can be awarded the scholarship. You may be offered an international athletic achievement award or other athletic scholarship packages.
The University will be required to following documents to support the application process:
- Passport copy
- Official transcript of records
- Evidence on sports
- English Language Proficiency Score
Scholarships cannot be deferred to the next academic year, even if your course offer is deferred. If you decide to postpone your studies at Nottingham, you must reapply for the scholarship next year after receiving a proposal for the new school year. There is no guarantee that they will offer the same scholarship every year or that you will be offered another scholarship after re-applying.
The students must maintain their cost of living for the whole duration of the program and maintain the satisfactory merits required.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until August 8, 2022. The university required that the students must apply as early as the deadline for early evaluation of the application.
The University of Nottingham will award the successful students with a £5,000 tuition fee scholarship reduction.