NEEBC’s Scholarship Program was established to further the aims of the Council to advance the knowledge and education of individuals in the employee benefits field, or those aspiring to careers in Employee Benefits and Total Rewards. Careers in employee benefits and total rewards include but are not limited to, careers in employee/internal communications, compensation or total rewards, retirement strategies, human resources or organizational behavior, ERISA and legal aspects of employee benefits, wellbeing or work/life programs, health risk management, institutional investing, multiemployer plans, workers compensation, actuarial and underwriting analysis, health care program design, and retirement plan design/implementation or administration.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Be a full-time or part-time college student (undergraduate or graduate) studying in an accredited academic program leading to a degree; residing either in New England, or enrolled in a college in New England.
- Demonstrate an interest in a career in the employee benefits/total rewards field through either course of study or work experience.
- Current NEEBC Board and Emeriti members, their spouses, and dependents are not eligible.
- Students who will graduate prior to July of the current year, are not eligible.
- Students whose tuition for the fall is not payable to an accredited New England college or university are not eligible.
- Minimum college GPA of 3.0. The student must have completed at least one semester of college as of April 1.
How to Apply
- Completed Scholarship Application.
- All college transcripts.
- A minimum of two references from college professors, NEEBC members, or other benefits professionals.
April 1, 2022