Monash University has honored the lives of four fallen students who bravely fought in World War I, conferring posthumous degrees upon them in a ceremony at the Parkville campus today.
More than 200 alumni and students of the Melbourne (later Victorian) College of Pharmacy served in the First World War. The college, established in 1881, is now known as Monash University’s Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
For students seeking asylum in Australia who wish to pursue tertiary education are regarded as international students and are required to pay full tuition fees as well as the other costs associated with an undergraduate degree.
This generous scholarship will provide the successful candidate with full tuition fees for an undergraduate degree of up to four years duration, an annual stipend of $5,000, and the option of on-campus accommodation for up to four years.
A person who is in Australia and currently on:
- a Bridging Visa E, or
- a Bridging Visa A and has applied for a Permanent Protection visa, or
- a Temporary Protection Visa, or
- a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- A commencing or continuing student enrolled or intending to enroll in an undergraduate degree as an international student at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Preference will be given to a student enrolling in a Bachelor of Engineering (any specialization). If no suitable candidate is available, students enrolling in a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Information Technology will then be considered.
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor.
- Applicants must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester.
- Applicants must maintain full-time enrolment.
- Applicants must continue to participate as an Access Monash Mentor.
How to Apply
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must have applied for a course and be offered a place at Monash.
An allowance of $5000 per year (48 credit points of study) for up to 4 years. The option of on-campus accommodation costs up to $14,000. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
Awarded based on need and leadership potential as demonstrated in the Access Monash Mentoring interview.
November 6, 2021, is the deadline for this scholarship.
This is an annual scholarship.