The Matt Fong Asian Americans in Public Finance scholarship honors the memory of former California state treasurer, Matt Fong, for his dedication to public service, active involvement in state politics, and direct impact he had in opening up opportunities for Asian Americans in the public finance industry.
By sponsoring and awarding these scholarships, Asian Americans in Public Finance hopes to foster the future careers of individuals with the drive, focus and ambition to make contributions for the betterment of their communities and society at large. Additionally, AAPF hopes to serve as a resources for students and individuals to learn more about the various careers and opportunities which comprise public finance and equip them with the tools to have a greater voice and impact in public service.
This scholarship is being administered on behalf of the Asian Americans in Public Finance by the Asian Pacific Fund.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Grade level: Incoming sophomore, junior or senior at a four-year college or university in 2021-22.
- Must be enrolled in California college or university.
- Major: Accounting, political science, public policy, business administration or related fields.
- Ethnic heritage: Asian (at least 50%)
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Financial need.
- Preference given to those with record of community service or volunteer work.
How to Apply
Follow the link provided, the PDF will be updated in February of 2022. While the PDF is offline, this will be updated in February 2022.
April 9, 2022 this is an annual scholarship.