Eligibility & Requirements
- You live in Maine.
- You are graduating from high school in the year of your application.
- Your high school is located in Maine. We do not accept applications from students attending high school out of state.
- You will be going onto an accredited post-secondary institution after graduation from high school. If you are considering a “gap year” between high school and post-secondary education, you must apply during your senior year of high school, and you must have already committed to a post-secondary institution.Mainely Character Scholarships are awarded to the individuals who best demonstrate these four core principles of exemplary character:
- Concern: Communicating compassion and a caring attitude toward others.
- Responsibility: Demonstrating commitment and conviction through your actions.
- Integrity: Acting ethically and remaining true to your personal values.
- Courage: Taking risks and following your conscience with fearlessness.
The application is YOUR opportunity to tell us about YOUR character in YOUR own words.
How to Apply
Apply by using the online form provided on the website. This can be done by downloading, completing, and mailing or emailing the completed printable form, or by providing the information requested in the printable form on a piece of paper and mailing it in. If you email your application please provide it as a PDF document. We will not accept applications in any other form.
$2,500 – $5,000
The application period for Maine high school students expecting to graduate in 2021 is now closed. The next application period begins on January 1, 2022.