The Hawkeye Experience Scholarship/Grant is available through the University of Iowa in the United States. This scholarship opportunity to have a significant budget be repaid back in full to a student who worked as an unpaid intern through an internship, will now have the ability to receive all of the funding used… returned.
The University of Iowa is actually the oldest and one of the largest institutions in the state of Iowa. With the extremely high probable count that most of the academic students who attend the University of Iowa are studying either medical or government shows just how this public research university has sustained a huge reputation since the 1840’s. And, yes the college has been around since 1847.
- A student will need to show on their transcript and CV that they have completed 50 credits or more before this internship begins.
- All applicants must have a 2.0 or above grade point average. If the grade point average dips below 2.0 they will lose the internship.
- The student who applies must have successfully maintained all the tuition and fees, if there is any outstanding or overdue fees they will not be considered qualified for this internship scholarship.
- International students are eligible to apply, as long as they have work authorization or the international student has submitted their work form to ISSS.
- The student must be registered as a full-time attending student, part-time students are not deemed eligible for this scholarship.
- If students that have won this scholarship the year before, try to signup again they are deemed ineligible. No prior students who have won should sign up again for this scholarship/grant opportunity.
- The student applying must have already been enrolled the prior semester before filling out this application.
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to participate in University of Iowa programs.
Official requirements that students should follow involve:
- Receiving and sharing a physical letter or e-mail from the job description from he student’s, supervisor, mentor, or coordinator. This letter should instruct the do course of what the internship involves. Also, the letter should include the start and end work dates, along with the name, address, phone number or e-mail of the instructor.
- Students should provide their CV or resume
- The total budget for the internship
- Students will need to type up and provide a specific 12 point font in their “statement of purpose” which should describe what funding will have a significant impact and purpose on the situation.
After a student has been selected as a recipient they will be asked to enroll in a Pomerantz Career Center course. From there the course will continue on during the summer months.
The Pomerantz Career Center course will be sure to check in and see if the student is actually attending by taking attendance and asking the student to provide details about their own experience as they move through the internship.
How to Apply
The only way for applying for this scholarship/grant is by asking for the application through the e-mail that is provided. This is a very specific scholarship/grant that only a handful of students qualify for. The students that are interested should read through all of the eligibility requirements and guidelines that are available on the University of Iowa website.
There are a number of things that the student must ensure they cover as well as providing a detailed outline budget for their summer internship that will need funding. This is an essential piece of this scholarship.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The extreme and impressive award for the Hawkeye Experience Scholarship/Grant is to essentially repay anything that had gone unpaid as an intern in a government setting. This means the amount varies depending on how much the student paid out of pocket, such as living expenses, travel, accommodation, food, internet if the research conducted by the student was considered remote at the time, any tuition fees for studying aboard, and many more avenues are covered.
This award can easily climb up to $10,000 and the award amount will be adjusted based on the individual and how much they deserve to be repaid in full, plus more.
The student will need to calculate the total cost of the entire unpaid internship. On the website through the available link on this page, there is a help page about calculating the total cost of everything.
Students will need to attend a zoom meeting after they have been named a recipient of this award.
The only deadline date for this scholarship opportunity is May 11, 2022. This is because this scholarship was designed for the summer months and for any government internship that happens during the summer months.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is open now and opens on March 10th, of each passing year. The end date or deadline date is May 11, 2022. This is fast approaching and students should move swiftly and quickly if this scholarship fits their eligible requirements.
All students that have any questions should consult the University of Iowa website first, because this is the best place for understanding how the scholarship works and what is deemed correct or incorrect when applying. Also, if any students have separate questions that do not focus on the scholarship at hand, they can consult the ‘FAQs’ page on the University of Iowa website. Afterwards, if a question has still not been answered the student may contact the e-mail that is provided in the contact section of this page.
This is an annual varied scholarship that helps government majors to find the best ways to be reimbursed for their free unpaid work services.
Students will be able to find out the best payment outcome via the website link associated and located on this page.
Other available government-based scholarships include countries like Ireland, Belgium, Romania, China, Japan, United States, and the United Kingdom. There are multiple government scholarships available throughout the world for international students, however, these scholarships are determined to be more rule-based and contain multiple requirements. All student should look through the Pick A Scholarship database if they wish to find a qualifying government scholarship.