The purpose of the Flinders NT Health Scholarship is to offer students attending Flinders University courses that are held in the Northern Territory the opportunity to receive financial help. The scholarship was founded thanks to a very large initial grant made by Professor Jonathan Craig as well as contributions made by others of the community.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Flinders Institution exemplifies the type of forward-thinking, student-centric, and alumni-focused university that is typical of the twenty-first century. Flinders University encourages students to go above and beyond in pursuit of their futures. You can get all you need to succeed academically right there on campus. When compared to other top-tier institutions, Flinders University holds its own. Among the top two percent of educational institutions worldwide. At Flinders, you may take advantage of state-of-the-art facilities and study with peers who share your dedication to education and enthusiasm for learning. A creative, ambitious, and entrepreneurial mindset is essential for original thought. All of us here at Flinders University are keenly interested in your work and use it as a yardstick against which to judge our own performance. We are thrilled to have been recognized as Australia’s top employer of recent college grads.
Our degrees are widely respected in the academic world, and they come with a wealth of opportunities for professional growth, such as internships, practicums, and mentorships. Flinders University is ranked 271st globally and 43rd in Asia Pacific by Times Higher Education (THE World University Rankings 2020). We aim to broaden our sphere of impact as we expand by strengthening relationships to local communities and fostering international cooperation in areas such as science and education.
Flinders University is widely regarded as a top institution, and its degrees are often considered among the best in the world. These grads have promising careers ahead of them. There has been and continues to be tight collaboration between Flinders University and corporations like CISCO and BAE Systems. Interning at one of these companies is a fantastic way to gain practical experience and learn about the latest developments in your profession. Flinders University’s main campus is located in the heart of Adelaide. It’s located in the Bedford Park area. Its state-of-the-art design and amenities are located close to the city’s financial district, major shopping districts, and beaches. It includes the cost of building both the Student Hub and Plaza. Classrooms, shops, cafes, a bar, and other gathering spots will all be present. State-of-the-art research facilities, exciting cultural events, and unique retail establishments are just the beginning of what will make Flinders Village a thriving urban hub. Because of the correlation between access to resources and student outcomes, Flinders University makes great efforts to provide its students with all the resources they might possibly need to succeed.
Flinders University and the city of Adelaide both offer international student services and events that might ease your transition to life in Australia. Our outstanding support services are available to international students from the time they arrive until they receive their certificate. More than ninety percent of our international students report being satisfied with the support they receive from us. Our academic medical center, Flinders Medical Centre, will have a new train route and station built nearby in 2020 as part of the Flinders Village project. It will take 22 minutes less time for locals, students, and workers to travel downtown. It will be a huge cost and time saver on the trip. Around 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s downtown is the area of Bedford Park, home to Flinders University’s main campus. The views of the port and city from up here are spectacular.
The site is not just home to cutting-edge architecture but also a stunning landscape featuring Australian native plants and a lake. The city of Bedford Park, where Flinders University is located, is both beautiful and functional. Adelaide is widely regarded as both a top-tier and budget-friendly metropolis. Reasons for this include its proximity to renowned wine-producing areas, abundance of green space, high quality dining options, and unique metropolitan culture (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders University provides its students with numerous amenities designed to ensure that they have a positive college experience and maximize their potential for growth.
We are dedicated to enhancing the Flinders University student experience in a variety of ways. Student grants, career and financial advice, and a plethora of social events are just a few examples of how Flinders aims to assist its students make the most of their time in university. New Flinders Rail Station will link the main campus to the Tonsley innovation zone and the heart of Adelaide after it is completed in 2020. Many new businesses have opened up in the bustling downtown area since building on Flinders Village began last year.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Each scholarship will have a total value of $5,000 each academic year, which will be distributed in four equal payments following the census date of each semester. For the duration of the grant, there will always be two scholarships available each year.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants must:
- You need to be a citizen of Australia, and you need to be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Paramedicine Graduation Certificate, Graduate Diploma, or Master of Remote Health Practice Doctor of Medicine Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, or Doctor of Medicine
- One of the two scholarships that are awarded each year will be set aside exclusively for students who are able to demonstrate that they fulfill the following extra requirements:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent, and be acknowledged as an Australia Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they currently live or have previously lived; and identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Pay will be calculated on a pro-rata basis for those working part-time
- The recipient of the scholarship will be determined based on the demonstrated contribution that they have made to the community.
- Residents of the Northern Territory, defined as students who have resided in the Northern Territory for a period of at least five years, shall be given preference. After this has been completed, priority will be given to students who have a permanent home address in a regional or rural area of Australia.
- The candidate(s) for this position will be selected by a panel representing Rural and Remote Health in the Northern Territory as well as Academic and Student Services.
The Flinders University 2023 NT Health Scholarship is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Student System no later than the deadline that has been indicated.
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 NT Health Scholarship is March 8, 2023.