BBB Foundation offers the Students of Integrity Scholarships to recognize students who personify and communicate ethics in the real world, as demonstrated through leadership, community service, personal integrity, and academic accomplishments. Scholarships will be awarded to the winning applications submitted by high school juniors and senior students residing in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington or Western Wyoming
Eligibility & Requirements
- Create a 3-minute video on one of the defined topics. Applicants are encouraged to utilize BBB Northwest + Pacific’s online features, including the BBB App, online business directory, Scam Tracker and Customer Reviews, etc.
- Discuss viewpoints and give examples where applicable. All video submissions become property of BBB. No mailed applications will be accepted.
- Videos may not be longer than 3-minutes. Points will be deducted for every two seconds.
- If using music, it must be an original work of the student(s) or be licensed under the Creative Commons. If neither licensed under the Creative Commons License nor an original work of music, students must submit verification of permission from the Copyright owner to use the music.
- If statistics are used, please cite.
How to Apply
- Personal Statement (300 words or less).
- Brief background about yourself, passions, goals, plans for the future, etc.
- Activities & Community Service
- List and explain any awards received related to academic achievement. (300 words or less).
- Describe at least three school-related extra-curricular activities. (300 words or less).
- Describe at least one leadership role that you have held. (300 words or less).
Five finalists will be selected from the application pool. Finalist videos will be published on the Students of Integrity Scholarship website for public voting. People can vote for as many videos as they choose, but only get one vote per video. Students are encouraged to share their video with friends and family or on social media to generate more votes. Only votes from the scholarship website will be considered. Only one video submission will be chosen to receive the $5000 scholarship.
This is an annual scholarship and the next opening window for applications is December 2021.