The Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund will award five scholarships of $5,000 to qualified incoming freshmen enrolled at four-year colleges or universities. Each scholarship is renewable for a total of four years on the basis of satisfactory academic performance in a full-time undergraduate program.
Through these programs the Asian Pacific Fund partnered with donors to give back in ways that are meaningful to them, and help students embark on their dreams.
For the 2020-21 school year, the Asian Pacific Fund distributed $173,000 in scholarships to 58 students, primarily from low-income communities. Each program is tailored to reflect the donor’s personal interests, whether targeted to specific ethnicity, career paths (eg. engineering, business, accounting), or backgrounds (eg. children of farm or restaurant workers).
The Asian Pacific Fund is a community that comes together to make a difference, no matter the struggle. The community administers a just cause and allows students who may not receive a college option, lead a full college career.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Candidates must enroll in a four-year program in engineering; mathematics; or computer, environmental, or physical science.
- Applicants with at least 50% Filipino heritage qualify.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants must show finical need or struggle.
- Only applicants from these areas, Northern California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, or Yolo.
- Southern California counties: Los Angeles, Orange or San Diego.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to acquire a scholarship form via the email address provided. After that, students must fill out the form, finish an essay that’s provided in the form, and show finical struggle.
The scholarship awards $5,000 annually for four years to incoming first-year college students.
This is a renewable scholarship that can be applied to.
Deadline & Annual
The deadline date has already passed for 2021, however, the next deadline date is February 26, 2022. This is an annual scholarship that can be applied to each year. This is also a renewable scholarship, however, next year any individuals who won this undergraduate award would have to apply for a sophomore version of this scholarship.