The AlohaCare Scholarship is available for high school seniors and undergraduate students in Hawaii who are enrolled in an AlohaCare member. AlohaCare and the Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) provide scholarships to AlohaCare members and people in their immediate families who are interested in pursuing careers in health services.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Be a current member or an immediate family member of a current AlohaCare member.
- Demonstrate intention to pursue a career in healthcare or social services.
- Be enrolled at or applying to attend a higher education institution (any accredited university, college, technical or vocational school) and enrolled within one year of the application date.
- Complete the AlohaCare Health Services Scholarship2021application;3.Complete the two essay questions.
- Provide one Letter of Recommendation from a non–relative teacher, guidance counselor,employer, or other appropriate community member.
- The Letter of Recommendation should speak to the applicant’s academic/training performance, leadership abilities,community service, and commitment to a career in health care.
How to Apply
- Completed application packets may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/delivered to:
Attn: 2021 Scholarship
External Affairs Department
1357 Kapiolani Blvd, Suite 1250
Honolulu, HI 96814
- Make sure to finish and fill out the whole scholarship application before sending. Check with your local post office about sending the application “first rate” shipping to have the application arrive in 1-3 days.
The $5,000 is split up into $1,500 for each student that wins. Depending on how many students enter, a total of $5,000 can be awarded to one individual.
First off the deadline is May 12, 2022, but this is an annual scholarship. The PDF link will be updated for 2022, because as of now the scholarship application says May 12, 2021. But this is still the application a student will need to fill out, just wait for an updated 2022 that will have the same questions attached. The PDF link on their website can act as a temporary outline so you will know exactly what to do.