The Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries were able to be established thanks to a philanthropic grant made by the Sophia Fund. They were created as an incentive for students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to pursue higher education at an institution of their choosing. These scholarships are made possible thanks to a contribution given by the Sophia Fund. The award will be given for as long as there are adequate donations and earnings from those gifts.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Because of its pioneering nature and unwavering commitment to its students, Flinders University is consistently ranked among the world’s best universities. At Flinders, students are urged to “seize the day” and make the most of each and every one of their opportunities. Everything you may possibly need to excel in your studies is right here on campus. Flinders University has an excellent reputation amongst academic institutions worldwide. had graduated at the top of their class from a reputable university. The world’s best and brightest come to study at Flinders University. One needs to be curious, imaginative, and willing to take risks in order to come up with new ideas. If you’ve read this far, you probably think Flinders University is the best option. It’s quite an honour to have your company named the best in Australia for hiring fresh college grads. Many of our alums go on to work in roles such as teaching, mentoring, and practicum coordination because of the respect in which they were held as students. Why our certificates are held in such great esteem. Times Higher Education ranks Flinders University at #271 globally and #43 in Asia and the Pacific. The 2020 version of the final list of the finest universities in the world is now available. Our goal is to increase the good our company can do in the world by partnering with organisations in different parts of the world that are also trying to address pressing problems in areas like education and science.
The degree programmes at Flinders University have consistently been ranked among the top in the world since the university’s foundation. Graduates from these prestigious institutions have a bright job market future. Several thriving companies have their starts at Australia’s Flinders University. An internship at such a firm would provide a great introduction to innovative management practises. Flinders University has several buildings in the downtown area, making it a convenient location for those staying in the Bedford Park neighbourhood. One of the best features of this hotel is its proximity to both the beach and the heart of town. This report includes the financials for both the Plaza and the Student Centre. There will be office space in the skyscraper that may be leased by companies from all around the world. Flinders Village is home to a wide variety of exciting businesses and events. Flinders University is well regarded in part because of the excellent liberal arts education its students receive.
Flinders University has a number of programmes designed to help international students adjust to life in Adelaide and Australia. Even after orientation has ended, we continue to keep in touch with overseas students on a regular basis. Ninety percent of our overseas students say they would recommend us to a friend or colleague. When the new Flinders Village station and line open in 2020, it will be much simpler to get to the Flinders Medical Centre at the University of Adelaide. Patients who are in need of medical attention at the Flinders Medical Centre will have an easier time getting there. It is possible to save 22 minutes each way on your commute if you are able to find housing and a place of employment in the same central business district. The potential for time and power savings is considered. About 12 kilometres south of Adelaide’s downtown is where you’ll find Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus. You can just make out the harbour and city in the distance.
The Australian landscape, with the lake and native plants, provides a striking contrast to the neighbouring urban architecture. Flinders University is most likely located in Adelaide’s beautiful and convenient Bedford Park neighbourhood. The cost of living in Adelaide is significantly lower than in other major cities. Either “(2016 World Liveability Report)” or “(2016 World Liveability Report)” is acceptable to reference this article. Student-initiated research and development is highly valued at Flinders University. Flinders University offers a wide range of counselling and financial assistance services to assist students with decisions including major selection and long-term goal planning. Tonsley innovation zone visitors will have easier access to the rest of the city after the New Flinders Rail Station opens in 2020. The business district of Flinders Village has been greatly increased by recent construction.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $500
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Two scholarships, each worth $500, will be given out each year, although this is contingent on there being enough money to cover the expenses.
- The recipients of these bursaries will be students who are currently enrolled in their first year of higher education. The fee will be paid out throughout the course of the first semester.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- To be eligible for these bursaries, applicants must:
- Having ancestry that is either Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Identifying as a Torres Strait Islander or an Australian Aboriginal is a must.
- Be recognized as a member of the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community of Australia by the community in which they currently reside or have previously resided; and
- Be in the first year of their studies at an accredited institution of higher education and
- Be presently enrolled at Flinders University on a full-time basis in a relevant undergraduate program of study.
- When, how, and where the interviews will take place for Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries
- The Criteria for Selection
- The recipients of these bursaries will be chosen based on their academic potential as well as their demonstrated financial need. The academic potential of candidates will be evaluated with the use of the Selection Score, which will be utilized to gain admittance to the applicant’s program of study (for example, TER or STAT score). The selection will be carried out in conjunction with the members of the staff at Yunggorendi, which is known as the First Nations Centre for Higher Education and Research. This will be done in accordance with the processes that have been approved by the Director of Academic and Student Services.
The Flinders University 2023 Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Applications must be submitted digitally through the Student Information System at Flinders University. In order to submit an application, applicants will first need to log in and then select the My Scholarships tab from the menu. You can search for the scholarship using the phrase “Indigenous” to find the application form, which is titled “Indigenous Scholarships,” or you can use the name of the scholarship itself. If you fill out this application in its entirety, you will be considered for a number of different scholarships.
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries is August 9, 2023.