At Canadian University Dubai, we are exceptionally proud of our dedication to making a Canadian education accessible to students from all around the world. We are sensitive to the value of individuality and diversity, and we do not want constraints of any kind, whether they financial or pertaining to particular requirements, to prevent you from enrolling. CUD provides the following scholarships in order to alleviate some of this stress and to reward students who achieve high levels of academic success:
Scholarships for Students Who Excel in Their Academics
- Financial Aid for Athletes
- Difficulty in terms of money Scholarship
- Scholarship for Students with Special Needs
- Scholarship Recognizing Outstanding Talent
About the Scholarship Provider:
In 2006, the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates became home to the establishment of the Canadian University of Dubai. This non-public institution follows the same academic standards as Canadian universities for its undergraduate and graduate programs, and maintains close relations with Centennial College, which is located in Ontario. The institution is divided into four departments: engineering, applied science and technology, management, communication arts and sciences, and architecture and interior design. Every academic program offers students the opportunity to transfer to one of the university’s partner institutions in either Canada or worldwide during their second year of study.
The student body at Canadian University in Dubai comes from over 120 different countries, making it one of the most diverse student populations in the world. Both the Discovery Gardens and the Muhaisnah 2 are available to students as potential places to stay throughout their time at the university. The campus can be reached on foot from each of these lodging options in around 25 minutes, and there is a bus service that operates frequently throughout the day.
Students will have access to a variety of educational resources, including computer labs, scientific labs, athletic facilities, and other activities such as the theater club, social outings, and support with future career planning. CUD has affiliations with some of the most prestigious colleges and institutes in the world, including ones in Canada, France, Ireland, and the United States of America, and it is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. By providing students in the UAE with an education of the highest possible standard, CUD acts as a stepping stone for those students who wish to continue their study in higher education in Canada. Students at CUD come from more than one hundred different countries, and they are enrolled in a wide range of academic programs as a result.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Canadian University Dubai
Scholarship Country: United Arab Emirates
Scholarship Worth: 50% Tuition Waiver
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Scholarships that cover 10% to 50% of the cost of tuition
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Students of any nationality who have successfully completed all of the entry requirements are eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Students who are attending school full-time and are enrolled in a minimum of four classes per semester are eligible for scholarships. Although the number of academic classes that students are required to take in order to be eligible for financial hardship and special needs scholarships will be determined on a case-by-case basis, it is advised that students take at least four classes whenever it is practicable to do so. It is important to keep in mind that scholarships can only be awarded for classes that count toward a degree.
- In order for students to keep their scholarships, they need to keep their cumulative grade point average (CGPA) over a certain threshold. When it comes to scholarships for students with special needs, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) that is required in order for the student to maintain their scholarship will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Students have the ability to submit an application in subsequent years; however, scholarships are only valid for two consecutive semesters, specifically the Fall and Spring terms. Scholarships are not available to students during the summer terms.
- Scholarships can only be applied to the currently enrolled student’s tuition and fees.
- You are permitted to submit applications for several scholarships provided that you satisfy the prerequisites for each one. If a student is eligible for more than one rebate, scholarship, or discount, that student will be offered the opportunity to select the benefit that provides the greatest financial savings.
- In order to obtain and keep your scholarship, you will need to make quick payments of all outstanding expenses, including tuition and housing costs.
50% of tuition will be waived.
- In order to qualify for a tuition remission of fifty percent, students in high school need to have maintained a grade point average of at least 99 percent.
- If you are a current CUD student looking to renew your scholarship, your cumulative grade point average for the semester must be 3.98 or better at the end of the semester in order to continue earning a 50% tuition waiver.
40%discount on tuition equal
- I n order to qualify for a tuition waiver of up to 40 percent, graduating high school seniors need to have earned an academic average of 95–98.9 percent
- For currently enrolled students at CUD who wish to maintain their scholarship and continue receiving a 40% tuition waiver, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) earned at the end of each semester must be between 3.95 and 3.97.
30% Fee reduction equal
- In order to qualify for a tuition remission of up to 30 percent, graduating high school seniors need to have earned an academic average of at least 90 percent*.
- For currently enrolled students at CUD who wish to maintain their scholarship and continue receiving a 30% tuition waiver, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) earned at the end of each semester must be between 3.9 and 3.94.
20% reduction in tuition fees
- In order to qualify for a 20% tuition waiver, graduating high school seniors need to have earned an academic average of between 85 and 89.9%*.
- For currently enrolled students at CUD who wish to maintain their scholarship and continue receiving a 20% tuition waiver, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) earned at the end of each semester must be between 3.85 and 3.89.
10% discount on tuition and fees (returning students only)
- Students who attended CUD for the first time as high school seniors and received an automatic 20% tuition waiver for that semester may be eligible to get a 10% tuition discount for the succeeding semester if they have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.80.
- It is required that applicants adhere to the Guiding Principles for the Canadian University in Dubai scholarships (See at the Scholarship Webpage Link below).
The Canadian University Dubai 2022 Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- The scholarship committee will not take into consideration any applications that are either late or incomplete.
- Applicants are required to send their scholarship application forms, along with all supporting documents (as detailed in the relevant sections on the different types of scholarships), to [email protected] via email. Alternatively, applicants can visit the scholarship section of the Student Affairs office.
The application deadline for the Canadian University Dubai 2022 Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students is December 20, 2022.