Through the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship, Transylvania University has joined a group of 57 other schools and universities in the United States in making a commitment to provide financial assistance to prospective overseas students as an incentive to study in the United States. Up to two incoming students will each receive an annual, renewable scholarship for fifty percent off of their tuition at Transylvania University.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Founded in 1780 in Lexington, Kentucky, in the United States, the illustrious private liberal arts college known as Transylvania University is located there. It was founded in 1636, making it one of the oldest colleges in the United States Accounting, anthropology, studio art, biology, business administration, chemistry, computer science, economics, English, exercise science, history, international affairs, mathematics, neuroscience, philosophy, physics, PPE, psychology, sociology, theatre, writing, rhetoric and communication, pre-engineering, pre-medical studies, pre-dental, pre-physical therapy, and pre-veterinary medicine are some of the 40 majors from which students can choose. Pre-professional and pre-health studies are consistently ranked as two of the most popular majors.
In addition, students spend a significant amount of time learning about a diverse range of topics before selecting their area of concentration. Students have the option of participating in a variety of sports competitions, including those in basketball, baseball, cheerleading, cross country, dancing, eventing, golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, field hockey, and volleyball. In addition, there are over 50 other student organizations and clubs that you can become a part of. Within six months of graduation, ninety-five percent of students had either continued their education or found employment.
The most well-known graduates of Transylvania University include a pair of US vice presidents, two justices of the US Supreme Court, and fifty US senators. Chief United States District Judge for the United States District Court for East Kentucky and former Mayor of Chicago Levi Boone Karen K. Caldwell and James Speed, who served as Attorney General during Lincoln’s administration.
The procedure for entering Transylvania is highly competitive and open to applicants from all around the world. The College of Fine Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences & Mathematics, and Social Sciences at the University of Transylvania currently [when?] provides a total of 46 majors, 37 minors, and many pre-professional paths among their four academic divisions. In addition to traditional majors like Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) and Writing, Rhetoric, and Communication (WRC), it also provides students with the opportunity to pursue interdisciplinary studies or create their own majors should they so choose.
In 2018, Transylvania University became the first liberal arts college in the state of Kentucky to form a partnership with the Peace Corps to establish a Peace Corps Prep program. This diversity-focused program is designed to prepare undergraduate students for international development fieldwork and potential service in the Peace Corps.
A partnership between Transylvania University and Appalachian Regional Healthcare has also been announced. The purpose of this partnership is to encourage students from Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare, either as a practitioner or an administrator, to enroll at Transylvania. Students that take part in the program will eventually find employment with ARH in their native regions and communities after they graduate.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Transylvania University
Scholarship Country: United States
Scholarship Worth: 50% tuition scholarship
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Up to two incoming students will each receive an annual, renewable scholarship for fifty percent off of their tuition at Transylvania University.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- You must be applying to a participating institution or university as a first-year overseas student for any academic program. (People who are considered to be international applicants are those who are citizens of a country other than the United States but do not have citizenship in the United States or permanent status here.)
- Show that you are interested in international learning and exchange, and that you are willing to take the effort to do so.
- Transylvania requires that you not only meet their admissions requirements but also their deadlines.
- You must submit an application for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship as well as an essay of between 500 and 1000 words or a video of between two and five minutes in length in which you tell us about your leadership skills in your current school or community and how you intend to continue applying those skills at the school to which you are applying.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Transylvania University US 2022 #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? Visit Transylvania University online at static1.squarespace.com to submit your application and mention the hashtag #YouAreWelcomeHere. To be considered for a scholarship, applications must be sent to Alice Schaaf, assistant director of international recruitment, no later than December 1 through email at [email protected].
The application deadline for Transylvania University US 2022 #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship is December 1, 2022.