The Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship that is made available by UOWD covers anything from 15 percent to 50 percent of the total tuition expenses required for each semester. The scholarship does not provide funding for the purchase of textbooks, participation in field trips, lodging, or any other expenditures associated with day-to-day living, nor does it pay for any other educationally-related fees.
About the Scholarship:
Although the University of Wollongong (UOW) was not founded until 1975, the roots of the institute may be traced all the way back to 1951. The University of Wollongong was established by the Parliament of New South Wales in 1975. During that time, the New South Wales University of Technology established a campus in Wollongong as one of its satellite campuses. After another ten years, it was incorporated into the University of New South Wales as the Wollongong College. The university was thus designated as an independent institution the following year, in 1975. It began by giving metallurgists and engineers the opportunity to receive a technical education, but it has since expanded to provide a wider range of educational opportunities.
The University of Wollongong is comprised of five faculties, which are titled as follows: Engineering and Information Sciences, Law, Business, Science, Medicine and Health, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts. It also has a campus in the middle of Sydney, in addition to ones at Batemans Bay, Bega, Southern Sydney, and the Southern Highlands. The Sydney Business School is located in the middle of the city. The university first built a branch in Dubai in 1993, and then UOW Shoalhaven on the New South Wales South Coast in 2000. Both of these campuses are located in New South Wales South Coast. It has a total of 180 partners in other countries. In addition, these faculties are comprised of other schools, some of which include the School of Accounting, the School of Economics and Finance, the School of Physics, and the School of Liberal Arts.
In order to provide students with a well-rounded educational experience, the primary campus of the university houses not only research and teaching facilities, but also conference facilities, student residences, a library, a gymnasium, retail outlets, indoor sports centers, and several other types of facilities. The campus is home to more than 25,000 students and more than 2,000 members of the faculty and staff. A campus clinic, a dentist who practices on-site, physiotherapy treatments, and sports medicine are all available to students. It awards scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students residing in the United States as well as those residing in other countries.
Over the course of its history, the university has been responsible for the production of over one hundred thousand graduates who are now dispersed throughout 143 countries. Alumni of the University of Wollongong include notable figures such as the Nashville actor Clare Bowen, the rugby league star Ben Creagh, the New South Wales State Member for Campbelltown – Bryan Doyle MP, and Big 4 auditor George McHugh. In the realm of politics, Stephen Jones, a member of the Australian Parliament; David Hurley, a former chief of the Australian Defense Force; and Clinton Mead, mayor of the Campbelltown City Council; all three are notable individuals. Alumni of this university include well-known figures in the arts such as poet Michael Byrne, playwright Bill Neskovski, and performance artist Nat Randall. Glenn Barkley, the director of the Museum of Contemporary Art, is also a graduate of this institution.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Wollongong
Scholarship Country: United Arab Emirates
Scholarship Worth: 50% scholarship
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Undergraduate students have access to three distinct types of financial aid in the form of scholarships.
- Scholarship up to fifty percent (conditions apply)
- Scholarships worth 25% of total cost
- Scholarships worth 15% of total cost
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- All students, regardless of citizenship, are welcome to submit an application.
- Applications are currently being accepted from first-year students (entry level students).
- The following table contains a list of minimum grade requirements that applicants need to have met in order to be considered.
- In order to be accepted into the university, applicants are required to fulfill all of the academic and admission standards, and they must also have the intention to enroll in the relevant session for which they have applied.
The BA in English Widening Access Scholarship is offered by the Department of English at the University of York to undergraduate students in the UK who can show they want to continue their education in Literature, English Studies, and other related fields.
The University of Wollongong in Dubai 2022 Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of Wollongong in Dubai’s website at www.uowdubai.ac.ae.
- If you are interested in applying for one of the scholarships that are offered by UOWD, you should submit an Application for Scholarship form to the Registrar’s Department in addition to any supporting documentation that is specific to the scholarship that you are interested in (academic transcripts, completion certificate(s), awards, referee reports, alumni ID, as applicable). The application must be submitted via the Scholarship Form and received by the deadline (which is shown below).
The application deadline for the University of Wollongong in Dubai 2022 Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students Is August 26, 2022