In 2023, the University of Sheffield is pleased to announce the availability of five International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarships. New international students who are enrolled in an undergraduate program and who meet the qualifying requirements can apply for the award. To be eligible, you must either have completed an International Baccalaureate Diploma program in the past or be enrolled in such a program at the present time. Additionally, you must have been extended an offer to study at the University of Sheffield.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Sheffield Medical School, Firth College, and Sheffield Technical University are all part of the University of Sheffield, which has been open continuously since 1897. The curriculum largely consists of scientific and technological topics. It was formed and built during England’s manufacturing heyday, making it one of just six “red brick” institutions in the country. There were 114 kids in the first week of school, but by the end of the year, that number had grown to 1,000. Over the years, the university has grown tremendously. Due to increased student numbers, a larger campus and new classroom and housing buildings were constructed. There are a lot of buildings and places of business on campus. The Octagon Center appeared near the school in 1983. well-known for being a convention and entertainment hub. The Plant Sciences and Biology Department, the Museum of Art, and the Arts Tower all call this building home. The Western Bank Library is well-respected due to its extensive collection of books and periodicals. The library is home to over 150 specialized collections, including rare books and other treasures.
In addition, a School of Engineering was established in 2015. The schedule includes both theoretical and practical exercises, such as laboratory work and lectures in a theater. Plus, it was there that the first chapel on campus, St. George, was built. The building was first constructed in the early 1900s, but in 1994 it underwent renovations to become a lecture hall. The school provides education for both undergrads and grads. Among the many things the educational system is renowned for is its vast selection of courses provided by its various departments and institutions. Science, Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine & Health are the five main divisions of study. It is also taught at City College, which is based in Greece and has foreign faculty. The university’s Manufacturing Research Centre collaborates with Boeing on various research projects. Its job is to manage projects that BAE Systems has funded. University of Sheffield has a well-deserved reputation for excellence in both teaching and research, as evidenced by its high rankings in international surveys of universities. The Students’ Union at the University of Sheffield is often considered to be the greatest in the entire country. Research, innovation, and instruction at the University of Chicago have benefited not only its students and faculty but the entire world. Recent data from the UK’s Research Excellence Framework indicate that the majority of Sheffield’s academic output is either world-class or very good worldwide.
There are several famous people who went to the University of Sheffield, including author Lee Child, former Home Secretary David Blunkett, scientist George Porter, contributor Harry Kroto to the discovery of fullerenes, and Olympic gymnast Jessica Ennis (Gold Medallist at Olympics). The Students’ Union at the University of Sheffield has been named the finest in the United Kingdom for four consecutive years (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2017-2020). At the Students’ Union, right in the middle of campus, you’ll find more than three hundred and fifty student organizations, plus stores, cafes, and bars. For many foreign students, this is the highlight of their time in Sheffield. The International Student Support Team is available to assist international students with issues related to international law and protocol, such as visa applications. A university official meets all incoming freshmen at Manchester International Airport and provides an orientation for those students who will be residing on campus. As part of the University’s efforts to assist you acclimatize to life in the UK, Intro Week will include a variety of events, such as speeches by University officials, information fairs, and tours of the campus and city. University dormitories typically provide single rooms with communal toilets and kitchens for overseas students. There are, however, a few notable exceptions, such as more spacious luxury rooms and studio apartments. According to NatWest’s Student Living Index 2021, Sheffield has the lowest cost of living for college students in the United Kingdom.
Benefits of living in university housing include the opportunity to make new friends, convenience to school, and contact with university customer service in the event of any issues. Throughout the school year, the Residence Life staff will be hosting a variety of events and programs for you to partake in, and they will be ready to answer any questions you may have. Sheffield is a bustling, contemporary metropolis in the heart of the United Kingdom. With a population of over 500,000, this city has all the amenities of a large UK metropolis, as well as affordable and efficient public transportation for day trips around the UK and Europe. Sheffield is home to a wide variety of tourist destinations, and the nearby Peak District National Park is a must for anybody interested in English countryside. According to the NatWest Student Living Index 2021, Sheffield is the best university city in the United Kingdom in terms of friendliness, safety, and cost.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Sheffield
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: 50% Tuition Fee
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarships are prizes that are given out based on merit and are valued at fifty percent of the cost of tuition for an undergraduate program that will begin in September 2023.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- You must either be enrolled in a program leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma or already be in possession of this diploma.
- You need to have an offer to study for an undergraduate degree or foundation degree program at the University of Sheffield beginning in September 2022, either full-time or part-time, and you can choose either option. Except for those in the fields of medicine (A100/A101) and dentistry, all courses leading to the undergraduate degree are eligible for consideration (A200).
- Your degree or foundation program must be set to begin at the University of Sheffield in September 2023, and it must be scheduled to begin there.
- You are required to obtain an offer for a course that will be completed in its entirety at the University of Sheffield. Scholarships cannot be applied for by students enrolled in degree programs that are jointly offered by the University of Sheffield and another educational establishment.
- You are required to be self-funded and eligible to pay the foreign tuition fee in order to be charged the tuition fee.
- You cannot be a sponsored student* in this institution.
- You are required to enroll in a degree program at the University of Sheffield during either the first or second year of the program.
- For the purposes of scholarships, all MArch programs are deemed to be postgraduate taught programs; hence, students who enroll in these programs are not eligible for any undergraduate assistance.
- The University of Sheffield has the right to periodically evaluate and alter the availability of scholarships.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Sheffield 2023 International Baccalaureate Merit Scholarship (UK) is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit an application, please visit the University of Sheffield’s website at finance.ssid.shef.ac.uk.
The application deadline for University of Sheffield 2023 International Baccalaureate Merit Scholarship (UK) is April 24, 2023.