To support the young generation to fulfill their higher education and develop their skills and broaden their future careers, Sunway University offers the Taught Masters International Scholarships for the academic year of 2022-2023.
Taught Masters International Scholarships Overview
The Founder and Trustee of Jeffrey Cheah Foundation and Chairman and Founder of Sunway Group, Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah, opens opportunities for both local and international students to further their higher education in Malaysia with scholarship opportunities that can help them ease their financial barriers and further their higher education to achieve their personal and professional goals. Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah believes in the power of education, it opens doors to opportunities that lead to a better life and education must be also equal.
This is an open scholarship to all nationalities that will give them a 50% tuition fee reduction for eligible master’s degree students in the participating program:
- Business Analytics
- Public Policy
- Sustainable Development Management
- Human Resource Management
- MA in Visual Communication & Media Studies
- MA in Visual Communication & Media Studies
Scholarship Provider: Sunway Education Group
About the Provider
Sunway Education Group, a renowned name in Malaysian private education, was founded by Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah AO, with the belief and understanding that education is important for the development of the country. This belief and understanding remain true today. Since Sunway College was established in 1986, Sunway Education Group now consists of 18 institutions.
In its aim to provide quality higher education, Sunway University works closely and collaborates with global partners Le Cordon Bleu International and Lancaster University to offer world-class education with international recognition. Sunway Education Group continues its goal of becoming the country’s international education hub and also collaborates with Harvard University, Oxford University, Cambridge University, University of Berkeley, and other global institutions. These partnerships pave the way and open doors for good academic and cultural project collaboration not only for Sunway University but also for other institutions within the Sunway Education Group. Through these partnerships, students gain international exposure without leaving the country.
The Institutions of Sunway Education Group do not only offer academic qualifications but also a well-rounded education that strives to educate and prepare students for life by giving them experience in various areas of personal development and responsibility. The development of character, integrity, and self-confidence of students is an important part of the goals of institutions.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local or International Students
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Business Analytics, Public Policy, Marketing, Sustainable Development Management, Human Resource Management, MA in Visual Communication & Media Studies, MA in Visual Communication & Media Studies
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Until the completion of the eligible program.
- Scholarship Award: 50% Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: Malaysia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the scholarship application, the students must be able to meet the following eligibility:
- Must be an international or local student who will be admitted to a master’s degree level in eligible courses such as Business Analytics, Public Policy, Marketing, Sustainable Development Management, Human Resource Management, MA in Visual Communication & Media Studies, MA in Visual Communication & Media Studies.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree CGPA of 3.5 and above.
- Must be applied to the 2022 intakes with academic certificates in 2020 validity or onwards.
- The applicants must be holding good academic records.
After checking the eligibility of the scholarship, eligible students can access the scholarship application in an online portal provided by the university.
- On the application portal, students must select the scholarship type and select the eligible program for the scholarship.
- Provide their personal information such as name, passport number, date of birth, and contact information.
- Read the terms and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship application.
- All incomplete and late submissions will be automatically rejected.
To better support the application, the students are required to submit the following documents:
- Recent passport copy
- Passport-sized photograph
- Academic qualifications
- Transcript of records
- Academic Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificates
The deadline to complete and submit the application is one week after the commencement of the eligible program.
The Sunway Education Group will be providing a 50% tuition fee reduction to the successful students who will commence their education for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The successful students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. The scholarship duration is until the completion of the eligible program and the required CGPA must be maintained in order to maintain the scholarship award.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is offered for the reduction of the tuition fee only, no other cash or award will be given to the successful students.
- For students who qualify for multiple forms of discounts from Sunway Education Group or Sunway Group (e.g. employee discount, sibling discount, etc.), the scholarship awarded will be applied to the net balance of tuition fees payable after deducting the applicable discount.
- In the event that the recipient is withdrawn, suspended, or terminated from the program by Sunway University / Sunway College (KL) at any time prior to completion of the program, the scholarship will automatically terminate. However, if the recipient withdraws from the program due to health reasons, their scholarship may be retained, at the absolute discretion of Sunway University/Sunway College (KL), and only after the recipient provides sufficient support. from Sunway University / Sunway College (KL).
- If the recipient of the award accepts any other scholarship aside from the Subway Group, the scholarship will be automatically terminated.
- The recipient of the award must be able to agree to the interviews or advertise the scholarship or any other publicity related to the promotion of the scholarship offered by the Sunway Education Group.