The International Accommodation bursary recognizes that the cost of living in Australia is significantly greater compared to the cost of living in other countries. The scholarship provides a discount in lodging expenses of up to fifty percent to students who sign a contract to live at the ECU Mount Lawley Student Village for either twenty-two or forty-four weeks.
This option will be made available to new international students who have been accepted to ECU and who want to attend classes on campus beginning in the year 2023. Additionally, returning ECU students who had to start their on-campus course online (because to COVID-19 travel restrictions) and who would be studying on-campus for the very first time in the subsequent semester are eligible for this Bursary.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Perth, in the Australian state of Western Australia, is home to Edith Cowan University, a public institution of higher education. The university can trace its roots back to Claremont Teachers College, which opened in 1902 and was the first higher learning establishment in Western Australia. Over the next few years, several other colleges, such as Mount Lawley Teachers College, Churchlands Teachers College, and Nedlands College of Advanced Education, followed in its footsteps. When these two schools merged in 1982, it created what is now known as the Western Australian College of Advanced Education. It was granted university status on January 1, 1991, and was subsequently renamed Edith Cowan University in honor of its namesake.
The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA), the School of Business and Law, the School of Arts and Humanities, the School of Medicine, Health, and Allied Sciences, the School of Nursing and Midwifery, the School of Science, and the School of Medicine and Health all contribute to the university’s extensive curriculum of more than 400 courses across a hundred disciplines.
The University provides a wide variety of academic programs, including but not limited to the following: business, law, communication, arts and humanities, psychology, social sciences, social work, criminology, justice, early childhood, primary, and secondary education teaching, all branches of engineering, exercise and health sciences, medical science, biomedical science, speech pathology and paramedicine, nursing and midwifery, biology and environmental sciences, mathematics, physics, and more.
More than that, this university is home to numerous research facilities. A trio of research institutions focusing on business and society, the Centre for Innovative Practice, Markets and Services Research Centre, and Markets and Services Research Centre. At the University of California, Los Angeles is the Center for Research in Entertainment, Arts, Technology, Education, and Communications, which focuses on the intersections between these fields and their application to the study of communications and the creative arts. There is a center dedicated to studying law and social change called the Sellenger Centre for Research in Law, Justice, and Social Change. One of the many organizations focusing on improving the health of children and families is the Centre for Nursing, Midwifery, and Health Services.
This school has a substantial presence in the environmental and sustainability fields, as evidenced by the presence of the Ecosystem Management Centre, the Marine Ecosystems Research Center, the Natural Resources Modelling and Simulation Research Group, and the Western Australian Marine Science Institution on its campus. Among the many prestigious research centers and institutes housed at this university are the Western Australian Centre of Excellence for Comparative Genomics, the Exercise Medicine Research Institute, the Exercise and Sports Science Research Group, Melanoma Research, the Centre of Excellence for Alzheimer’s Disease Research and Care, and the Exercise and Sports Science Research Group. The university’s security, law, and justice programs include the ECU Security Research Institute, the Sellenger Centre for Research in Law and Justice, and the Social Change Institute.
Mount Lawley and Joondalup are two of the university’s metropolitan campuses in Perth, and there is also a campus in Bunbury, 200 kilometers south of Perth, to accommodate the growing South West Region of Western Australia. As a university since 1991, ECU is renowned for its excellent faculty, comprehensive student services, and cutting-edge infrastructure. Eastern Carolina University was ranked #51 on Times Higher Education’s list of the top 100 universities under 50 years old in 2022. For the fifth year in a row (2019–2020), ECU received the highest ranking for undergraduate teaching quality among all Australian public institutions in the QILT (Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching) Survey.
In 2022, ECU was once again ranked number one in the nation for its exceptional educational offerings, this time for the 15th year in a row. ECU offers majors that give students a solid grounding in both theory and practice, making them well-equipped to enter a wide range of professional disciplines upon graduation. The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, the School of Arts and Humanities, the School of Business and Law, the School of Education, the School of Engineering, the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing and Midwifery, the School of Science, and the School of Medicine all offer courses. ECU has more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students and almost 6,000 international students annually from over a hundred different countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Edith Cowan University (ECU)
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: 50% reduction
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The bursary provides a 50% discount on monthly housing charges to those who work at the ECU Mount Lawley Student Village for a period of 22 or 44 weeks. A great opportunity has arisen for students who are concerned about the high cost of living in Australia compared to other nations. The award is also open to first-time on-campus freshmen who had to start their on-campus course online because to COVID-19 travel constraints.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Students must be applying for the scholarship by January 31, 2023; they must be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen); they must be enrolling in an undergraduate or master’s by coursework program for the first time on campus at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley; they must be able to meet mandatory vaccination and travel requirements set by the governments of Australia and Western Australia; and they must be enrolled in an eligible program.
- Students who choose to continue their education at the university must have started their coursework between 20 July 2020 and 25 July 2022 online in order to be eligible to enroll in on-campus classes beginning in 2023 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Acceptance of an offer to enroll at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley is mandatory for incoming first-year students between September 2, 2022 and August 6, 2023. Proof of a current and valid Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) or offshore status may be required at the time of application.
- You must not be a recipient of a government scholarship or industrial sponsorship, and you must be able to meet the entry and ongoing accommodation requirements of the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley at all times. If you’re looking for housing at ECU’s Mount Lawley student village, you’ll need to check both of these boxes.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Edith Cowan University Australia 2023 International Accommodation Bursary Scholarship is open to all International Students
- To the first one hundred qualified applicants, we will award the International Accommodation Bursary on a first come, first served basis. Please contact email@example.com at ECU Student Village Mount Lawley for information on room availability before accepting your offer from ECU.
The application deadline for Edith Cowan University Australia 2023 International Accommodation Bursary Scholarship is August 6, 2023.