The Liberal Education and Effective Practice (LEEP) program at Clark University is a pioneering model of education that combines a robust liberal arts experience with authentic engagement in the world and workplace for undergraduate students. The Presidential Scholarship program at Clark University is one component of the LEEP program. If you are an overseas student interested in starting your undergraduate education at Clark University, you should be aware that the university may make merit-based scholarships available to students like you.
If you submit in your application for admission, you will immediately be considered for a number of scholarships awarded based on your level of academic achievement. The only award we offer that requires a separate application is the Presidential Scholarship; all of our other merit scholarships do not.
Your academic accomplishments (those that are listed on your application for admission) will determine whether or not you are eligible for scholarships; not your family’s financial situation. However, overseas students who have a chance of being awarded scholarships are still asked to demonstrate that they have the financial wherewithal to finance a sizeable portion of the overall cost of their education. Students that are interested in being considered for the Presidential Scholarship are included in this group. The tuition range for overseas students attending Clark University is between $25,000 and $45,000 per year.
About the Scholarship:
Clark University is an autonomous institution of higher education that focuses on research. It was founded in 1887 after Jonas Gilman Clark, a prominent businessman, donated a sizeable endowment to the university. The university held its first graduation ceremony in 1902 and was recognized as one of the nation’s first all-graduate research universities. It had departments in physics, mathematics, biology, chemistry, and psychology. The university also offered its first graduating class. The university is primarily a research institution with a liberal arts focus, and it provides a wealth of chances to its undergraduate students by providing financial support for LEEP projects. The university is the second smallest university that is counted among the list of 40 Colleges That Change Lives and also the top 66 national universities by “U.S. News & World Report.” The university also preserves an intimate atmosphere and is the second smallest university overall.
About 39 different undergraduate majors, 12 different certificate programs, nine different doctoral degrees, and 29 different master’s degrees, including two dual degrees, are available to students at this university. In addition to this, it provides over 50 different study abroad programs in over 20 different countries. There are approximately 215 full-time teaching staff members, and approximately 96% of them hold doctoral or other terminal degrees. One has a variety of options to pick from, such as the arts and humanities, the social sciences, engineering, or the natural and physical sciences. In addition, the university is well-known for the range of academic programs it provides, including those in the fields of physics, geography, biology, psychology, and business. Students at the university, which is a member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts, have the opportunity to enroll in classes offered by other institutions in the region, such as the Worcester Polytechnic Institute and others.
In order to provide students with access to higher academic facilities, the university operates multiple schools. Students have the opportunity to participate in professional and graduate programs offered by graduate schools. These schools include the schools of geography, professional studies, Arts and Sciences, international development, community and Environment, and management. To provide students with the most advantageous learning environments, each of these is highly specialized in a particular field.
In addition to these educational facilities, the Clark Undergraduate Student Council oversees more than 130 different student organizations and clubs on campus. The council is in charge of managing the various clubs and seeing to it that their events go off without a hitch. Notably, the athletic program at the university, known as the Clark Cougars, competes at the intercollegiate level in 17 different NCAA Division III. In addition, there are a lot of different facilities available at the collegiate level.
In addition to this, the university is home to a number of illustrious faculty members and graduates who went on to establish a number of well-known businesses, such as the American Psychological Association, the American Physical Society, and Panera Bread. Graduates of the institution are making important contributions to a variety of fields, including art and culture, science and entertainment, and technology. There are at least three live alumni who have amassed a combined net worth of one billion dollars, three Pulitzer Prizes, and an Emmy Award.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Clark University
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: $45,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Candidates that are selected will be provided with the means and opportunities to investigate their areas of particular interest in more depth. Candidates are encouraged to take charge of their own education, network with industry leaders, and cultivate the skills necessary to drive the ideas of the future.
- The annual scholarship renewal would be contingent on the candidate having a solid academic record at Clark for each of their four years as an undergraduate student. The candidate would get free tuition, lodging and board for the entire duration of their time there.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- An outstanding high school record that places the recipient at the top of Clark University’s applicant pool is a requirement for an excellent candidate for the Presidential LEEP Scholarship. An ideal applicant exhibits a strong willingness to:
- Pursue a hard academic schedule.
- Work together with your classmates and your teachers.
- Accomplish your lofty professional and personal objectives.
- Join a group of academics who are deeply invested in bringing about positive change on a global scale.
- Take on difficult problems both at home and in other countries.
At the Australia’s Queensland University of Technology, graduate students in philosophy are sought for the 2022–2023 school year from exceptional overseas candidates who can provide evidence of a strong desire to pursue advanced study in the field.
The Clark University 2022 Presidential Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students is open to all International Students
- Simply mark the appropriate box on the Common Application indicating your interest in the Presidential Scholarship if you wish to be considered for it (available after Aug. 1).
- After that, you will be sent in-depth instructions on how to apply for the scholarship, which will include a description of the topics for the two brief essays. Candidates applying through Early Action, Early Decision, and Regular Decision have until February 1 to submit their final essays before the deadline is passed.
- March is the month during which students will find out if they have been chosen to participate in an interview.
- The Admissions Committee selects the finalists by taking into consideration the quality of the applicants’ admissions applications as well as any other criteria that the committee may deem relevant. In the previous academic year, the committee considered more than 450 scholarship applications from individuals residing in the United States and other parts of the world before inviting 15 finalists for interviews. Of those 15, five were selected to receive the scholarship and joined the new student body. In most years, this award is given to one or two students studying in a country outside the United States.
The application deadline for the Clark University 2022 Presidential Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students Is February 1, 2023