For the academic year of 2022-2023, the Queensland University of Technology in Australia is looking for talented international students who can demonstrate their interest in motivation to further their higher education with a master’s degree level in Philosophy.
The university aims to support international students to be able to overcome their financial barriers and develop their skills and knowledge to be prepared for their professional and personal goals. The selected students will be awarded a living stipend amounting to $7,500 and will be awarded per annum for up to two years. The award will only qualify for full-time students at the Queensland University of Technology.
About the Scholarship
Named after John and Gerri Puttick, who provide free digital grants that support the mission of QUT’s School of Creative Arts in educating new creative content.
The School of Creative Practice engages in the following research strategies:
- Conduct research on new analytics-related and enterprise-level technologies
- It produces professional research graduates with the knowledge, skills, and innovative ideas needed to carry out complex research.
- Promote a focus on academic researchers by leveraging ongoing resources for targeted research and development.
This scholarship is a special category for applicants for the high-quality Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Film Media (including BFA and BCI) at the Faculty of Creative Industries, Social Justice and Education. As a recipient of the award, you will have the opportunity to work with researchers at the Institute for the Creative Arts to conduct your own new research and gain international recognition in higher education.
Master of Philosophy at Queensland University of Technology
A Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is a good option if you want to develop your research skills while preparing for a Ph.D. The university’s Master of Philosophy is personalized and innovative to recognize the diversity of candidate skills and backgrounds while understanding that each student has a unique career desire.
- Complete a university degree that gives you access to experts in all fields of study and research.
- Tailor your learning program to your skills, experience, and career goals.
- A research skills assessment allows you and your supervisor to identify skills and align them with research and career goals.
- Introduce yourself to interactive ideas and engage with other students from all disciplines with a collaborative approach to learning.
- Engage with end users and gain knowledge in areas considered important for the advancement of a research career.
- Benefit from the support of experienced and professional researchers who can guide and supervise your work and give you the best educational foundations for your future doctorate.
Scholarship Provider: Queensland University of Technology
About the Provider
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is Australia’s leading university with international recognition. With an enrollment of approximately 50,000 students, the university offers innovative people real-world learning and teaching, and superior technology training. A public research university in Australia. QUT offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses, postgraduate diplomas, and certificates, courses. QUT develops collaborative research partnerships between universities, industry, government, and civil society. It is ranked 176th among the best universities in the world.
The Queensland University of Technology offers a variety of hands-on learning opportunities, relationships with industry leaders, and a strong emphasis on international education. Studying at QUT offers many opportunities to study internationally, including student exchanges, international collaborations, and exciting learning. They want to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs and support the companies that define the future.
As one of the top universities in Australia, they want to make sure that every student will meet their professional and educational support with world-class facilities and infrastructure. Their cultural values are positive, straightforward, curiosity-driven research with a willingness to take risks in research. The university’s vision is to deliver the best search with world-class performance and relevance.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Philosophy
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Two years
- Scholarship Awards: $7,500
- Types of Award: Living Stipend
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To be able to proceed with the application, the interested students must meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- Must be able to meet the requirements for the Master of Philosophy at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Have completed their undergraduate degree in creative practice in animation and film screen.
- Have obtained an honors degree in a relevant field of study; Where A bachelor’s degree or a recognized equivalent in a field related to the academic requirement among A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 5.00 (7-point scale of QUT) Professional and/or research experience (as determined by faculty).
- Can demonstrate their potential and excellence in research.
- Be able to create an original creative project.
- You can obtain a scholarship and start your full-time studies in February 2023, but before the end of July 2023 As part of media analysis, the students will create research proposals that respond to and act upon the virtual design. In particular, you must be able to demonstrate your knowledge and passion for the combination of game design, digital animation, and filmmaking.
The application for the scholarship can be completed via the online portal provided by the university.
You must first:
- Make sure you have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Search for a supervisor
- Prepare supporting documents
- Complete the research request.
You can then submit an expression of interest (EOI) via the online form. If successful, you will receive an invitation to submit your final application. Typically, it takes 6-8 weeks after submitting your EOI to receive your admission results.
List of accepted test results:
- TOEFL IBT
- Cambridge English
The Queensland University of Technology will be awarding the successful students with a living stipend amounting to up to $7,500 per annum for up to two years. The successful students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until October 31, 2022.