This scholarship was named after Dr. Cecil Renaud, a well-known Durban Philanthropist. Dr. Renaud established The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust in 1988. However, Dr. Renaud passed away on 3 June 1993 and bequeathed the residue of his estate to the Trust. Shortly after the Trust became active, the trustees established the Overseas Scholarship which allows students from South Africa to apply.
Eligibility & Requirements
- The applicant must be from South Africa.
- Applicants should have attained, or aim to achieve, undergraduate or Honours degrees cum laude or summa cum laude; and additionally, have achieved Dean’s Commendations and Certificates of Merit or equivalent.
- Candidates that intend to have a significant impact on the chosen field study, and the world.
- Applicants must have completed a major part of their secondary schooling in KwaZulu-Natal, and be under the age of 27 at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- Applicant must have a great record in extracurricular activities and a drive to succeed and uplift South Africa.
- Former scholars have various fields including MPhil in Development Studies, MA in Applied Theology, MSc in Mathematics, and MA in Singing.
How to Apply
All applicants should download the application from the download link provided on the website’s “apply” section. However, before submitting you must contact the founders first via the contact page.
Then applicants will send the completed application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org (and the address on the form) on or before the 31st of October. Following the application deadline, candidates will be shortlisted and invited to interview. After the interviews, the trustees may select up to two candidates.
The reward is a full 2-year tuition coverage which comes to 44,500 euros.
Deadline & Annual
October 31, 2021, is the deadline date, which means submissions are open now. This is an annual scholarship that is awarded to at least 2 applicants that submit an application.