PhD positions at the University of Copenhagen are fully financed scholarships for international students. The posts are available for a term of three years. This package includes a monthly income of around 27,590 DKK / approximately 3,678 EUR (as of April 2020) and a pension.
Individual academics and academic staff at UCPH want to continue their academic development and have satisfying career paths, which involves ensuring that prospective career paths are clear for individual researchers and that career management is supported in a systematic fashion.
As a PhD student at the University of Copenhagen, you will be able to progress your international career while working with a world-class research team. UCPH enrolls almost 700 new PhD students each year. The University of Copenhagen provides cutting-edge research in a global setting. Copenhagen was named “the most liveable city in the world” by Monocle Magazine in 2013.
About the Scholarship:
King Christian I secured Pope Sixtus IV’s sanction for the creation of the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) on June 1, 1479. It is one of Denmark’s oldest universities, as well as one of the oldest in Northern Europe. During the civil war that began in 1533, the institution ceased operations. It was reopened at the Church of Our Lady in 1537. On October 13, 1839, the university’s first present structure was dedicated. It now has three academic departments, six faculties, and more than 200 research centers. The International Alliance of Research Universities has accepted the university as a member (IARU).
UCPH has four main campuses located around Denmark. Three of these campuses are in Copenhagen, notably City Campus, South Campus, and North Campus, and one is in Frederiksberg. The North Campus is home to the majority of the Science and Health & Medical Sciences faculties. The Central Administration, the Faculty of Social Sciences, and sections of the Faculties of Science and Health & Medical Sciences are all located on the City Campus. The Faculties of Theology, Law, and Humanities, as well as a tiny portion of the Faculty of Science, are located on the South Campus.
Some portions of the Faculties of Science and Health & Medical Sciences are located on the Frederiksberg Campus. The Faculties of Science and Health & Medical Sciences, in addition to these four major campuses, are located on the Taastrup Campus in Taastrup, Copenhagen. In addition, the Faculty of Science owns facilities in Hrsholm, Helsingr, and Ndebo.
In subjects such as theology, anthropology, economics, psychology, medicine, public health, pharmacy, arts, media, sciences, computer science, law, languages, and sociology, UCPH provides a variety of doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s degree programs. It has a student population of 38,324 and a workforce of 9,348 people, including 4,856 researchers. The university has published more than 12,900 research articles.
Every year, it welcomes over 1,200 exchange students, with over 900 of them going abroad to study at one of its international partner universities. VELUX, the Danish Capital Region, DONG Energy, Novo Nordisk, MAERSK, GlaxoSmithKline, Novozymes, and other companies have strategic agreements with the institution.
Over the years, UCPH has produced a slew of outstanding graduates. Tycho Brahe was an alchemist, astronomer, and astrologer who lived in the 15th century. Caspar Bartholin, the Elder was a polymath who was credited with being the first to explain how the olfactory nerve worked. Ole Worm was a gifted physician who made substantial contributions to the science of embryology.
Competitive research funds account for 40% of the total research budget, and UCPH is one of Europe’s top 5 institutions for securing Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation awards.
International full-time students account for 10% of the total student body, and UCPH hosts about 2,000 international exchange students each year. UCPH collaborates with world-class universities across the world to attract brilliant students and researchers, and an increasing number of international researchers and academic staff contribute to the university’s international learning environment.
More than 1,700 international students from all over the world attend the University of Copenhagen each year. International students give the campus a cosmopolitan feel. The university assists international students with admissions, housing, student counseling, and other issues, as well as providing training programmes that include a variety of social activities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Copenhagen
Host Country(s): Denmark
Scholarship Worth: $4,194
Study Level: PhD
The PhD position at the University of Copenhagen offers the following benefits to the recipient:
1. The monthly income ranges from roughly 27,590 DKK / approx. 3,678 EUR (April 2020 level) to around 27,590 DKK / approx. 3,678 EUR (April 2020 level) including pension, depending on seniority.
2. Salary supplement negotiations are possible.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Candidates must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for a PhD position at the University of Copenhagen:
1. English is a required language.
2. Eligible Countries: Any country in the world.
3. The University wants its employees to reflect the variety of society, so all eligible individuals, regardless of personal background, are encouraged to apply.
4. Applicants must be fluent in English.
5. Applicants must have a master’s degree in a relevant field.
6. Previous publications (if any) and related professional experience will be considered as grounds for evaluating your qualifications.
The University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2022 is open to all international students.
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps below:
1. You must submit your online application in English.
2. You must include the following documents/attachments in PDF format with your application:
3. Send a cover letter
4. Transcripts of records and diploma (BSc and MSc)
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Additional facts to examine, such as a list of publications (if any)
7. Acceptance Letter from SCIENCE for the appropriate MSc Program (if any)
8. Complete contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address) for 1-3 professional referees
The application process deadline for University of Copenhagen PhD Positions is January 26th, 2022
You could also apply for Full Tuition Hungary Scholarship Young People – Hungary 2023
• This Hungary Scholarship for Young Christian students is available for anyone that holds a bachelor, masters, or a one-tier masters program certificate.
• Students may have the chance to become a Christian Scholarship holder, if you are a citizen of certain countries.
• The prerequisite to applying is acquiring an official recommendation from the local Christian church.
• All applicants are required to be of full-age, citizen, who are at least 18 years old at the beginning of your scholarship studies; you reach the age of 18 by August 31 of the year of the specified application deadline.
• All applicants must have the qualifications and the required language skills as a per-requisite for the study program applied for, and submit the supporting document by the deadline for submission of applications, but no later than 1 August of the year of the current application cycle.
• Both male and female students may apply for this specific scholarship.
• Since this is a full tuition scholarship, applicants must follow all the necessary rules and guidelines that are presented on the government website.
A main requirement is that all students must follow through after they complete their studies, the scholarship winners will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to the improvement of social situation and preservation of the culture of Christian communities.
Any student that holds a Hungarian visa or citizenship cannot apply for this scholarship.
To help pay for any other living expense, having a saving for college helps immensely. The best way to save for college is by applying to several scholarships.