Hungary is rapidly becoming a study abroad destination; this could be the fact that it is a member of the European Union and a Schengen state. Higher education is conducted according to the Bologna System enabling students to transfer from one EU University to the other.
Hungary is a unitary parliamentary republic a landlocked country in Central Europe. Its capital, Budapest, is bisected by the Danube River. It is bordered by Slovakia to the north, Romania to the east, Serbia to the south, Croatia to the southwest, Slovenia to the west, Austria to the northwest, and Ukraine to the northeast.
The core mission of the Scholarship Program for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
The Scholarship Program for Christian Young People is managed by the Government of Hungary’s Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and organized by the Tempus Public Foundation.
Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is a non-profit organization established in 1996 by the Hungarian Government, with the task of managing international cooperation programs and special projects in the field of education, training and EU-related issues.
Available student college institutions available to enroll for this scholarship. There are only select Hungarian institutions that may be attended and accredited for this very specific government scholarship.
The University of Pécs is an institution of higher education in Hungary. The year 1367 appears in the seal of the university, it has its roots in the medieval university founded in Pécs in 1367 by King Louis I the Great.
The Szentágothai Research Center of the University of Pécs is a research institute established on the basis of modern international science organizational and management normative.
The University of Pécs has been the one institution that has received the most applicants from this scholarship, based on it’s accredited appeal and being one of the best universities in the world.
- This Hungary Scholarship for Young Christian students is available for anyone that holds a bachelor, masters, or a one-tier masters program certificate.
- Students may have the chance to become a Christian Scholarship holder, if you are a citizen of certain countries.
- The prerequisite to applying is acquiring an official recommendation from the local Christian church.
- All applicants are required to be of full-age, citizen, who are at least 18 years old at the beginning of your scholarship studies; you reach the age of 18 by August 31 of the year of the specified application deadline.
- All applicants must have the qualifications and the required language skills as a per-requisite for the study program applied for, and submit the supporting document by the deadline for submission of applications, but no later than 1 August of the year of the current application cycle.
- Both male and female students may apply for this specific scholarship.
- Since this is a full tuition scholarship, applicants must follow all the necessary rules and guidelines that are presented on the government website.
A main requirement is that all students must follow through after they complete their studies, the scholarship winners will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to the improvement of social situation and preservation of the culture of Christian communities.
Any student that holds a Hungarian visa or citizenship cannot apply for this scholarship.
To help pay for any other living expense, having a saving for college helps immensely. The best way to save for college is by applying to several scholarships.
How to Apply
First off students from these countries may apply:
- Lebanese Republic
- Republic of Iraq
- State of Israel
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
Students will need to apply through the online scholarship portal that is available through the “about this program” link that is presented below.
Applicants will be to register in the online application system by providing an individuals basic personal information. Please, make sure to fill in individual citizenship correctly and accurately (in the pop-up window), as this enables all applicants to see the available study programs. Where students will receive a unique applicant access code and students should keep it in a safe place.
Example, students will have to choose from a selected list:
- Specific institution: University of Pécs
- study level: bachelor’s, master’s, or post-doctoral
- study modes: full degree studies
- They the language of choice to choose would be English
After, an applicant has filled out all of the basic information presented in the application which will ask for: full name, current address, current citizenship, transcripts, and more. The Hungarian government can easily ask for more supported documents since this scholarship is based around helping communities once the recipient goes back to there home.
Successful applicants will receive their Letter of Admission and Letter of Award (by July 15 latest) so they can start arranging their travel to Pécs.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This scholarship goes forth to cover as much as any expenses that a student may face, such as:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend of 166.600 HUF per month (140,000 HUF for Doctoral students)
- Accommodation: dormitory placement OR a monthly contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs of 200.000 HUF per academic year
- Medical insurance
The official deadline date for this government scholarship is January 31, 2023. Since the 2022 is pretty much over, students who wish to study in Hungary in 2023 will need to send in an application next year.
This deadline may change but the website should be consulted before any students decide to not send in their application on the destined deadline date.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open window submission time frame is from October 2022 to January 2023. This gives students enough time to fill out the student application and find the one program they intend to choose. Students can only take one study program when applying for this scholarship.
This is an annual scholarship that is given out by the Hungarian government once per year.