To encourage and reward outstanding achievement in the humanities and social sciences, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation (“PETF”) is happy to announce the commencement of its Scholarship program. With the help of the PETF Scholarship, doctorate candidates can participate in a three-year leadership program that will help them become Engaged Leaders and put their ideas into action for the benefit of their communities, Canada, and the world.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation was set up in 2001 as a non-profit in Pierre Trudeau’s honor that is politically neutral. Through its cutting-edge programs and expanding network of thought leaders, the Foundation helps to close the gap between the academy and the real world.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Located in the heart of Scotland’s largest city, Glasgow, this university is widely recognized as one of the best in the world in its field of study. Strathclyde, a Scottish University It is widely recognized as a top-tier research facility for technological innovation. The University of Strathclyde is a diverse and exciting community since it is home to over 23,000 students from over 100 different nations. For almost two centuries, Strathclyde University has provided students with cutting-edge academic opportunities that set them up for whatever successful careers they choose.
In 2019, the University of Edinburgh became the first Scottish university to win the Times Higher Education University of the Year award twice. In addition, Strathclyde was named Scottish University of the Year 2020 by The Sunday Times Good University Guide and was awarded Britain’s highest national university distinction, The Queen’s Anniversary Prize. According to a report by Times Higher Education that analyzed results from the 2021 National Student Survey, students at the University of Strathclyde are generally satisfied with their experience there. The Science, Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Strathclyde Business School of Strathclyde University work closely with both the private and public sectors to develop and implement innovative solutions to societal problems. This partnership is beneficial for both students and teachers since it helps both groups stay on the cutting edge of their fields. Strathclyde University, with a perfect score of 5 stars from QS, was named “University of the Year” in 2012 and “University of the Year” in 2019 by Times Higher Education. In 2012 and 2013, Strathclyde University was voted the best in the country.
Additionally, they were awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, the highest honor in the field in the country. According to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022, the three most popular majors at Strathclyde University are Accounting and Finance, Medical-Related Subjects, and Pharmacology and Pharmacy. The institution offers twenty-one courses that are ranked in the top ten in the country. Thanks to the efforts of the Strathclyde Technology & Innovation Centre, the University of Strathclyde is now considered one of the top 20 most research-intensive institutions in the UK, as ranked by the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment. Among the best in the UK and Scotland are the departments of physics and electronics and electrical engineering. The campus village is home to about 1,500 students, and an additional 400 live in University housing just a short distance away. University housing at Strathclyde University is arranged into flats with common kitchens, and all first-year international students are guaranteed a spot there.
After their first year of college, many students want to find housing off campus, and a new online service is helping to bridge the gap between these two groups. Graduate students also have the option of living on campus. Glasgow, where Strathclyde University is located, is a vibrant city with a thriving arts and music scene and a raucous nightlife. The University of Strathclyde, based in Glasgow, Scotland, is a public research institution that provides a broad spectrum of degree and certificate programs. Over twenty museums and galleries can be found in the city, in addition to the Scottish Opera, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, and Scottish Royal Ballet. The downtown area boasts a lot of green space, including parks and gardens that have been maintained since the 19th century. In just over an hour, students from Glasgow may reach the nearby highlands and islands, perfect for a weekend excursion.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Strathclyde
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: $40,000
Scholarship Type: Fellowship
Nationality: International Students
Up to $40,000 in year partial funding for qualified applicants.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- You must either be a citizen of Canada studying at an institution in either Canada or another country, or you must be a non-Canadian student (either a permanent resident of Canada or a national of another country) who is enrolled in a PhD program at a Canadian university.
- You must already have been accepted into or be currently enrolled in year one or two of a full-time PhD program, and you must be on track to finish your doctoral studies in 2026 or later.
- Your area of study has a strong connection to the arts and sciences of the humanities, which has direct bearing on the country’s prospects for the future; (please refer to the FAQ for more details and read up on past scholarship recipients)
- Your dissertation must to have some sort of connection to at least one of the Foundation’s four focuses, which are Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People and their Natural Environment.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Strathclyde UK Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship 2023 is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of Strathclyde’s page on the Trudeau Foundation’s website.
- Candidates who are willing to participate in a leadership development program lasting three years and who meet the qualifying requirements are encouraged to submit their applications directly to the Foundation through the application site.
- The Foundation will continue its efforts to ensure that universities from all parts of the country are represented and will continue its efforts to recognize First Nation, Métis, and Inuit doctorate students as part of our selection process. Additionally, the Foundation is dedicated to ensuring diversity in a variety of other aspects, such as gender, ethnicity, language, and socioeconomic background.
The application deadline for University of Strathclyde UK Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship 2023 is December 2, 2022.