Those who already have an offer to study at the University of East Anglia are eligible to submit an application for the Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship. The prize consists of a scholarship that can be used towards an undergraduate education for a maximum of three years. Our judging committee meets on a regular basis, and those who submit work that is of a good quality receive £4,000 per year in compensation. Those who submit work that is of an exceptional type, on the other hand, are put in the running for a prize that is worth £10,000 per year.
This scholarship is intended to recognise and reward international fee status applicants who have been given a place to study at UEA and who are able to articulate, in a manner that is both clear and concise, how their time spent studying at UEA will enable them to make a significant contribution, not only to their chosen area of study, but also to the greater UEA community as a whole.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The university’s main campus is 320 acres (130 hectares), and it was founded in 1963, to the west of the central business centre. Norwich is a historic and lively city not too distant from London, and it is home to a beautiful parkland campus. The city is relatively secure because of its long history and numerous religious organisations. When it comes to research and instruction, the School of International Development at the University of East Anglia (UEA) is consistently ranked among the top institutions in the world. Norwich, United Kingdom is where you’ll find it. The group’s goal is to make a beneficial impact on society as a whole. It is common practise to seek the advice of educators about how to address pressing global issues like poverty and environmental degradation. In 2015, the Guardian University Guide ranked the University of East Anglia (UEA) as fifth best in the country for geography and environmental studies. 97% of graduates said they were happy with the quality of their education, and 98% said they were happy with the programme they were in. Having any sort of work experience or interning is often a requirement for passing a class. Time Higher Education reports that the School of International Development came in at number four in the nation for research in the most recent iteration of the United Kingdom’s national research evaluation system, the Research Excellence Framework (REF2014).
The university’s 26 departments and schools are organised across its four faculties. The degree programmes offered by these schools cover a wide range of academic disciplines, from the arts and humanities to the social sciences and natural sciences. About 200 student groups and sports teams call the University of East Anglia’s Student Union home. The interests of the members of these dance, debate, music, and sports clubs span a wide spectrum. There are roughly 16,872 students enrolled at this school; of those, 12,888 are undergraduates and 3,984 are graduate students. There are 3,712 administrative workers at the organisation, and they are all committed to making sure everything operates well, all the time. According to the Times Higher Education 2019 World University Rankings, it is among the top 50 universities worldwide for the number of citations its research has got. The vast majority of well-known persons began their careers in academia. They are at the forefront of their respective fields because of the excellent education they obtained there. Sir Kazuo Ishiguro, one of the most well-known writers to write in English, graduated from the University of East Anglia in 2017.
British film director Gurinder Chadha, whose credits include “Bend It Like Beckham” and “Bride and Prejudice,” is another famous alumnus of the university. The current Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Anil Baijal, and English geneticist Adam Shareef, who serves as the Defence Minister of the Maldives, are also on the list of honours, along with the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine and a climate change specialist named Dame Jenny Abramsky. Sir Paul Nurse and Joanna Coles also make the cut. The Foreign Student Advisory Team is here to help international students and their families with everything they might need during their stay at UEA.
Norwich University provides a comprehensive pre-departure leaflet that covers topics including visa requirements, local transit and more. The Student Advising Team plans to host a variety of orientation events during the first week of courses to help new students transition into university life in the United Kingdom. Every first-year student has the option of applying for a UEA Friends partner to ease their transition to university life. To ensure that overseas students are aware of all relevant information and possibilities, an email list just for them has been compiled. With the help of the Home Office and the British Council, the Advisory Team is able to provide a better level of assistance to international students in the East Anglia area.
International applicants who submit their materials by the due date will have their pick of more than 3,000 available seats. The University of East Anglia offers some of the finest value among student accommodation alternatives in the United Kingdom since each room has both an en suite bathroom and a communal bathroom, kitchen and eating space. Tourists in Norfolk can choose between staying in hotels or with local English households. The University of East Anglia is located in Norwich, England, on a campus that is more than two miles long and covers more than 300 acres in total.
The park, woodlands, and Wide Lake are all within walking distance of the school, making them easily accessible to pupils. With its central position, the University of East Anglia is quickly reachable by car, train, or plane. Furthermore, the train ride from Norwich International Airport to London takes less than two hours. The city is a significant commercial and social hub, attracting tens of thousands of visitors each week. A 24-hour, seven-day-a-week bus service connects the city’s southwestern suburbs with the University of East Anglia. Many major airports in the United Kingdom are within easy driving distance of the Norwich International Airport, making it easy to reach through direct flights. Less than 15 minutes is all it takes to get from the airport to the campus.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of East Anglia
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £4,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- £4,000 each year, while those of a very exceptional type will be put forward for consideration of an award of £10,000 each year.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In accordance with these Terms and Conditions, you are qualified to receive an Undergraduate International Excellence Award if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a student from another country who is required to pay overseas status fees. During the course of your studies, the scholarship will be terminated if there is a change in the fee status.
- Applicants for scholarships must demonstrate that they have either a conditional or an unconditional offer to enrol in an undergraduate degree programme at UEA full-time.
- In order to attend the University of East Anglia (UEA), you must have designated it as your “firm choice” institution—not your “insurance choice.” The recipient of the scholarship must be able to fulfil all of the remaining requirements for admission to the university. The scholarship is only valid for the one particular course that has been designated, and it cannot be used for any other classes.
- You are need to be a self-supported student who pays their own tuition and is not sponsored by a government or non-government organisation to be eligible for this programme.
- It is not possible to receive both this grant and another scholarship from the UEA at the same time.
The UEA 2023 Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of East Anglia’s page on app.geckoform.com.
- Video submissions are required for inclusion in the application process for our 2023 International Excellence Scheme. We would appreciate it if you could record a video response to either of the following questions:
- Describe the ways in which the programme you’ve selected will help you acquire the marketable abilities necessary to realise the professional goals you have set for yourself in the future.
- Think about the many various social and extra-curricular possibilities that are open to you at UEA, and plan out the ways in which you may get involved with these in order to improve not only your own experience but also the experiences of your fellow students.
- All entries must be in the.mp4 file format, shot in normal definition (not high definition or ultra high definition), and no longer than two minutes in length.
- This is an opportunity for you to expand beyond the scope of your personal statement, make a specific reference to UEA, and tell us why UEA is the university that you should attend.
- We are looking for comments that are creative and interesting, and that reflect what you can add to the UEA community during your time as a student and after you graduate. You should be able to demonstrate that you have a history of making a positive contribution to the community, whether it be by volunteering or participating in extracurricular activities, and you should do research on the options that UEA has to offer.
- Your scholarship application should be sent in as soon as you believe it is complete, and we strongly recommend that you do so. Since applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, this indicates that the earlier you submit your application, the sooner you will learn whether or not you have been successful.
- When submitting an application for this scholarship, you should?You are required to already have either a conditional or an unconditional offer for an undergraduate degree course that will begin in September 2023 at the University of East Anglia (UEA). Your offer should make it clear that you are a student from another country who is paying tuition.
The application deadline for the UEA 2023 Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship is June 30, 2023.