For international students who aim to further their higher education in Australia, the University of Western Australia offers a Post Graduation Scholarship in Clinical Biochemistry research for the academic year of 2022-2023. The university aims to help the international students with their financial barriers and focus on their education to create and develop their skills and knowledge and to create more leaders that may be able to contribute to the communities and give motivation to the young generations to fulfill their education and achieve their professional and personal goals.
With the help of Miss Merle Smith, she has donated funds to the University of Western Australia to provide s scholarship support and to encourage outstanding students to be admitted to the Master of Clinical Pathology or Master of Biotechnology to begin n their research projects in clinical biochemistry. The scholarship will be providing financial assistance to the successful student that can be used for the educational fees and other related fees at the university.
- Academic Year: 222-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Pathology and Biotechnology
- Department: Clinical Biochemistry Research
- Duration: Maximum to up to two semesters
- Number of Awards: 1
- Scholarship Award: $4,000
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Provider: University of Western Australia
About the Provider
The University of Western Australia is one of the vibrant places to study and is located in one of the largest cities in Australia. Beginning were Western Australian kaartdijin (information) started, The University of Western Australia sits on holy soil close to the Derbal Yerrigan (Swan River) on Whadjuk Noongar Booja.
It has been a spot to assemble and learn for a huge number of years, sharing life examples through stories that have been passed down from one age to another of the world’s most seasoned nonstop culture. Laid out as the State’s most memorable college in 1911 and established with a mission to ‘propel the success and government assistance of our networks’, the University opened in 1913 to only 184 understudies. Today, in excess of 25,000 students are selected from 100 nations.
Since its starting points, UWA has pioneered the path of delivering wonderful and extraordinary commitments across picking up, educating, and researching. However, the University is more than essentially a middle for instruction and exploration.
For over 100 years, they have added to the intelligent person, social, and monetary improvement of Western Australia, the country, and the world. They have fashioned and embraced associations with the local area, accomplices, and industry to guarantee their effect is broad, both now and into what’s to come.
The university keeps its mark in a legacy and its students are essential in their journey. UWA students add to society in manners that tackle the world’s most squeezing difficulties. From wellbeing and social imbalances to climate and environmental change, their enthusiastic local area of its students, scholastics, and analysts are collaborating with industry to assist with tackling the challenges.
Their adage ‘Look for Wisdom’ is as pertinent today and into the future as it was at the point at which it was taken on by the UWA Senate in 1912. They stay focused on this, as they keep on empowering their students and staff to push past the limits of what is known and what is conceivable.
To be able to proceed with the application, the students must be able to meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- Must be eligible to be admitted or will be enrolled at the University of Western Australia
- Must be enrolled full-time
- Must be specializing in Clinical Biochemistry.
- Be enrolled in a master’s degree in Pathology or Biochemistry
- Research project units mean to embrace an examination project zeroing in on physiological or sickness pathways that uses a biochemical test utilizing a biofluid or tissues from a human or creature model to review physiological or illness pathways.
- International students must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
The applicants must have good academic achievements and research potential. The academic achievements can be evaluated from the applicant’s WAM or weighted average mark.
The eligible applicants can complete their application through an online portal provided by the university. The applicants must be able to complete all the necessary information needed to complete the application, such as personal information.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following to better support their applications:
- Academic Achievements
- Transcript of records
- Statements must be in 500 words and outline the research projects and how it will be related to the physiological or disease that uses biochemistry.
- English Proficiency Score
Keep in mind that you have to make sure that you have completed all the required documents and be ready to upload them to the application system.
The Univesity of Western Australia will be awarding one outstanding student, the scholarship award will be amounting to up to $4,000. The scholarship will be offered annually and will continue to award one high-achieving student.
The students must agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. The offer of the scholarship must be accepted on a specific date in the letter of offer at the university.
Scholarship Criteria for Renewal
To continue the award, the successful student must meet the following condition:
- Must be able to maintain their eligibility.
- An academic and research progress in accordance with the course rules and on which the scholarship has been awarded.
- affirm two times yearly, in the way and by the dates determined by the University, that they keep on gathering the qualification prerequisites of the scholarship.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until November 4, 2022.