Deadline: April – May 2021
The United States Fulbright scholarship program has opened a new call and is accepting applications from international students since February 3, 2021, for the 2022 academic session.
The United States Fulbright Scholarships for the year 2022, which covers 125 countries around the world, has around 470 teaching and research awards, with an additional category of awards that is a mix of both: teaching and research.
It is a global educational exchange program for students and professionals, organized by the Office of the Department of State in the United States. It works with the goal of improving the bond and correspondence between residents within the United States and countries around the world.
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
Universities of the United States.
Levels and areas of study of the Fulbright Scholarships:
Postgraduate studies in all study areas in the fields offered by each participating university (except health areas)
Who can participate in the Fulbright Scholarships ?:
All Latin American students and professionals are welcome to apply for the Fulbright scholarship program.
Value of the Fulbright Scholarships:
Scholarships in the USA for foreign students sponsored by the Fulbright study program cover expenses related to:
- The Fulbright Commission will finance the selected candidates, with the support of North American universities, for a maximum of two years.
- The scholarship covers living expenses, books, roundtrip tickets and supplemental medical insurance only for the scholarship recipient.
- Tuition costs will be covered by scholarships awarded by universities based on the academic merit of the applicant.
Conditions that participants must meet:
The conditions vary according to the country of origin, but generally, they are:
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries and NOT have dual citizenship or residency of any kind in the United States of America. Only people with DNI from their country of origin are eligible, even if they have dual nationality from any other country (other than the United States).
- * Permanent residence does NOT satisfy this requirement.
- Reside in the country of origin during the process.
- Be responsible citizens who have an interest in building lasting connections with the host culture.
- Have a university degree equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (bachelor’s degree or engineering) or Master’s degree corresponding and related to the field of study of interest.
- In the case of not having completed your studies yet: have your degree until August 1, 2021, and attach a letter from the university stating that you will obtain your degree before this date.
- Not have previously resided in the United States for a period greater than 9 months (or one academic year) in the last 5 years.
- Not having previously been a beneficiary of another Fulbright scholarship that leads to a degree.
- For Law, Administration, and related areas, have three years of work experience after the completion of third-level studies.
- Have an excellent academic record, with a cumulative grade point average of 8/10 or higher.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English: minimum score of 563 PBT / 85 iBT on the TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS.
- Have the required score on academic aptitude tests (GRE or GMAT) for admission to graduate studies in the United States.
- Once the studies are completed, they must return to the country of origin for 2 full calendar years.
Requirements to apply for Fulbright Scholarships:
- Online application ( https://apply.iie.org/ffsp 2022 / ) complete.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Copy of the academic title (s) certified by the issuing university and original certificate of the grades of all academic programs taken at the higher level.
- Ranking certificate issued by the university (s) in which you have studied. If the university does not issue this type of document, a letter from the university stipulating this must be attached.
- TOEFL or IELTS and GRE or GMAT test results.
- Curriculum vitae in English. (Maximum 2 pages)
- 2 Academic Essays in English (Personal Statement and Study Objectives)
- Scan Identity Card and load in the “Additional Documents” section of the “Additional Information” page
- The online application will also ask for the biographical page of your passport. If you do not have a passport, you do not need to obtain one for the application.
Instructions for applying for Fulbright Scholarships:
By 2022, applicants must submit their Fulbright Scholarship forms online.
You must follow the specified criteria for eligibility and related grant details in-depth, as only applications that are complete and on par with the requirements will be approved for further consideration.
The deadline varies depending on the country of origin of the study request.
April – May 2021 (depends on the country of origin)