Asylum seekers, as well as their children, are frequently unable to get standard student funding in the United Kingdom. We are making two grants available to assist students who qualify for them..
About the Scholarship:
Cardiff University has consistently been rated as one of the best teaching and research institutions in the United Kingdom by independent government assessments. In addition to its amazing modern facilities and engaging approach to teaching, the University of Wales has a rich history of recent accomplishments, and almost 30,000 students, including nearly 10,000 international students, are enrolled at the Welsh university right now. A wide range of business professions benefit from Cardiff University’s experience in research and research-led teaching, which includes the social sciences, engineering, technology, and a variety of other fields. The University is now ranked 5th in the United Kingdom for the quality of its research, and it is placed 160th in the world according to the QS World Rankings. “The Oxford of Journalism,” according to some, describes the School of Journalism, Media, and Cultural Studies. In the six months following graduation, 95% of Cardiff University graduates find employment or further study, with 78% finding graduate-level employment. Cardiff University is also a member of the famous Russell Group, which is comprised of 24 of the country’s most prominent research universities. A coach transport service from Cardiff and Heathrow airports to your hotel is provided by the International Development department. This program includes five days of events meant to expose students to the city of Cardiff, the University of Cardiff, the surrounding countryside and the rest of the city’s culture. The trip of South Wales is a terrific way for students to meet new people in a casual environment, which is exactly what they were looking for. A variety of international societies are also accessible at Cardiff University, with groups for Asian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Nigerian, Pakistani, and Thai students as well as organizations for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Malaysian students. Cardiff University is the only Welsh university to be ranked in the top 200 in the QS World Rankings, which are published annually. Cardiff University was ranked 5th in the United Kingdom for the quality of its research contributions in the 2014 Research Assessment Exercise. Among those who performed very well were the following subjects: All first-year overseas undergraduate students who attend the university through the usual admissions cycle are guaranteed a room in one of the university’s 5,100 student residence hall rooms. Self-catered flats and students provide the great majority of student homes, which consist of single en-suite study bedrooms. For individuals with a sporting interest, the main accommodation site at Talybont is home to a state-of-the-art sports training village and fitness complex that served as a training base for participants at the London 2012 Olympics. Cardiff University’s campus is around 2 kilometers from the city’s principal train and bus station, with Cardiff International Airport only 17 kilometers away and London little over two hours distant by train. Cardiff is one of the fastest-growing cities in Europe, and it is particularly popular with students, who are lured to the city by its low cost of living, vibrant nightlife, excellent sporting facilities, and rich cultural heritage and heritage.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cardiff University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £4,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
There are two awards available. They will cover the cost of tuition as well as provide a non-repayable grant of £4,000 per year to assist with living expenses to students. You will also have the opportunity to meet with and receive support from an adviser who will assist you in making the move to higher education.
The higher education system in Norway is comprised of both public and private institutions of higher learning. Furthermore, all students, regardless of country or place of residence, are excused from paying tuition at Norwegian universities that are supported by the Norwegian government. A college degree is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Tuition-free universities in Norway are among of the greatest places to acquire your degree without having to spend a single cent in tuition.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Students who are either asylum seekers or the offspring of asylum seekers are eligible to participate. Please keep in mind that students pursuing degrees in Healthcare Sciences, Dentistry, or Medicine are ineligible for this scholarship.
- Award recipients must fully complete the requirements of their academic offer. • Medical, dental, and other NHS-funded courses are not covered by this initiative.
- Award recipients must adhere to the normal Cardiff University criteria of involvement and proceed to the following academic year in order to receive their awards. Under normal circumstances, rewards will not be paid for repeat years of study, for interruptions in study, or for external studies, nor will they be awarded for repeat years of study.
- To be eligible for payment, award recipients must be fully enrolled in a full-time course and comply with all applicable terms and conditions on each payment date.
- Award recipients will be required to meet with the designated adviser for asylum seekers at least once a semester as part of their obligations.
- When the new academic year begins, award recipients will be required to update and confirm their status on the award.
- Award recipients must agree to have their immigration status reviewed on a regular basis by the government.
- Having a home office is a good thing.
- As a ‘Tuition Fee Waiver,’ award holders will be categorized as a ‘International student’ but will be required to pay the ‘Home’ rate of tuition cost, rather than the ‘International student’ rate of tuition fee.
The Cardiff University 2022 Asylum Seekers Opportunity Award is open to all International Students
- Applications are now being accepted for the academic year 22/23, with the deadline for submissions being June 13, 2022. For further information about this prize and the application procedure, please contact Lena Smith, who has been designated as the point of contact.
- Take a look at the instructions.
- Make sure you understand the terms and conditions.
- Fill out the application form completely.
- The following information must be included in all completed applications:
- A letter of recommendation from an academic institution
- A personal reference letter confirming the specifics of your asylum petition.
- Your acknowledgment or progress letter/NASS card from the Home Office/Biometric identification card
- Permission to Reside
- A copy of the fee assessment questionnaire, which must be fully filled.
- The permission part of the application form from the Home Office must be completed.
The application deadline for Cardiff University 2022 Asylum Seekers Opportunity Award Is June 13, 2022