The $36,500 Cox Research Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship program for Indiana residents of exemplary achievement and scholarly curiosity. If selected as a Cox Research Scholar, you’ll have the unique opportunity to participate in meaningful research or creative activity under the mentorship of a faculty member at IU Bloomington.
Institutions where will carry out the studies:
Indiana University Bloomington
Who can participate?:
- Enter IU classified as an Indiana resident.
- Be pursuing your first baccalaureate degree.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours upon arrival and throughout your academic career at IU Bloomington.
- Meet the minimum academic standards to be considered for this opportunity, which include a GPA of at least 3.85 or a top 10% class rank and a minimum SAT score of 1400 or a minimum ACT score of 31.
- Demonstrate financial need by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 5, 2020, for the upcoming academic year.
- Submit a complete Admissions application by November 1 to be considered for the Selective Scholarship Application.
- Be willing to commit to eight to ten hours of research work in research each week during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
*Please note: NCAA athletes are not eligible for the Cox Scholarships.
Levels and areas of study:
Any field that results in a bachelor’s degree, a type of undergraduate degree.
Instructions to apply:
Students who are admitted into IU are invited to apply for a Cox Research Scholarship through the Selective Scholarship Application process.
If you are admitted to IU and meet the criteria, you’ll receive a Selective Scholarship Application (SSA). If not us the contact information to inquire.