Learn more about the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship, as well as submit an application for it. The application period will remain open until 11:59 p.m. GMT on February 17, 2023.
About the Scholarship Provider:
After receiving permission to admit students from the University Grants Commission in 1960, York University did not welcome its first class of undergraduates until 1963. The university’s first day of school was October 9, 1963, and 230 freshmen enrolled under Lord James’s stewardship. At its inception, there were just 28 professors and 6 departments (economics, English, education, history, politics, and mathematics). Presently, the institution is home to nine different colleges and around thirty different research centers and departments. Privy Council has reaffirmed the university’s approval.
There has been nothing but growth and advancement on the Heslington campus of the University of York since it first opened. The site is littered with artistic buildings and academic institutions. The ancient King’s Manor houses the Department of Archaeology, the Centre for Medieval Studies, and the Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies. Events such as concerts, tournaments, conferences, graduations, and fashion shows are frequently held in Central Hall, a tiered auditorium in the center of campus. The institution is responsible for maintaining a library and archive system that spans the entire campus and the surrounding area. The JB Morrell Library is the best resource on campus for finding information. An additional campus structure is Heslington Hall.
Degree programs at the University of York range from introductory to doctoral levels and cover fields as diverse as archaeology, computer science, law, management, medicine, mathematics, languages, arts, philosophy, psychology, and sociology. The university today has 18,930 students enrolled. This school has formed partnerships with numerous prestigious research facilities throughout the world. It is one of a group of 24 elite schools collaborating to advance human knowledge. The university’s prominence on the global stage can be attributed in great part to its fruitful student exchange and research collaboration programs. It provides students with top-notch professional development opportunities and access to high-profile employment markets.
Numerous well-known and affluent persons in the world attended this school. Known for his work in journalism, media, television broadcasting, and football administration, Greg Dyke is a household name in the United Kingdom. Vice President of the World Bank Group and former President of Portugal Anbal Cavaco Silva Mahmoud Mohieldin. British novelist Jung Chang’s novel “Wild Swans” has been honored repeatedly for its excellence. Author and screenwriter Anthony Horowitz is a household name in the UK thanks to his work on the “Diamond Brothers,” “The Power of Five,” and “Alex Rider” franchises. Former South Korean Prime Minister Han Seung-soo is the subject of a piece by journalist and author Peter Hitchens in The Mail. The War We Never Fought” and “The Abolition of Britain” are two of his other books. Another bestseller of his is “The Rage Against God.”
York is a forward-thinking, research-intensive institution that aims to produce life-saving discoveries, breakthrough technologies, and cultural advancements to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges. The University has devised a research strategy based on seven pillars to address some of the world’s most urgent scientific, social, and environmental concerns. According to a recent evaluation, 35% of academic research conducted at British universities is “world-leading,” while another 48% is “international outstanding.”
The University’s research is rigorous and world-focused, and this has a knock-on effect on the quality of education offered there. York provides a one-of-a-kind learning experience for its students thanks to the college system, expert personal career development support, cutting-edge sporting facilities, and extensive, cost-free public involvement program at the university (which includes the York Festival of Ideas).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of York
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £3,497
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The following are some of the things that the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship will cover:
- Programme fee (£3,497)
- Expenses related to travel (according to the travel and expenses policy of the University)
- Expenses related to passports and visas (up to £300 total)
- $100 in discretionary funds
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Students currently enrolled in secondary or high school in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Ukraine are eligible to apply for one of three available full scholarships.
- You are eligible to submit an application for this award if:
- Right now, you are at the secondary schooling level.
- You are a citizen of Ukraine, Latin America, or any country in Africa south of the Sahara, or any of these other countries.
- You have English language abilities that are at least equivalent to our minimum required level, which is CEFR B2, IELTS 5, TOEFL 44+, or Duolingo 75+. (no need for a language exam)
- You are able to demonstrate your academic drive.
- Without the assistance of this scholarship, your family’s current financial position would not allow you to participate in the program.
- This would be your first time studying in an other country.
- The following will increase your chances of being awarded the scholarship:
- There is no evidence that either of your parents ever attended college (or they went to university as a mature student during your secondary education)
- You have severed all ties with your family.
- You come from a military background (even though you have spent most of your life in school, a parent or both of your parents have served in the military).
- You suffer from a handicap or a condition that lasts for a significant amount of time.
- You consider yourself to be LGBTQI+.
- You are part of a group that is considered to be an ethnic minority in your nation. *
- You are need to have the ability to travel on your own as the program involves studying in a foreign country.
The University of York 2023 York Global Widening Participation Scholarship is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to the University of York, please visit uni-york.formstack.com.
The application deadline for University of York 2023 York Global Widening Participation Scholarship is February 17, 2023.