Innovative research into the impact of integrated Athletic Development programs on the physical development of school-aged students is being funded by an Industry PhD Scholarship from Flinders University and St. Peter’s College. This study is a joint effort between St. Peter’s College and the College of Education, Psychology, and Social Work, and it aims to compare the physical literacy levels of St. Peter’s College students who participate in the Athletic Development programs to those of students who do not. St. Peter’s College is dedicated to providing an excellent education for boys and has a vision of being a model educational community. Truth, respect, and service are ingrained in everything we do here at school. Developing a feeling of service, courage, commitment, and integrity in boys and young men has been our top priority at Saints for over 170 years and continues to be so today.
School activities that foster athletic growth are an essential part of the educational experience. This is represented in a structured progression of athletics instruction throughout the students’ academic careers. Additionally, Flinders University has complementary research strengths in the field of Sport and Exercise Science through the Sport, Health, Activity, Performance, and Exercise Research Centre (SHAPE) to support this exciting Industry PhD opportunity, and is dedicated to developing athletic development programs for physical and personal development in school and sports settings. In this PhD project, we are collaborating to find new ways to tackle this difficult problem area.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Flinders University is one of the greatest universities in the world because it is forward-thinking and focused on its students. Flinders encourages its students to “seize the day” and make the most of each and every one of their opportunities. You can get all you need for academic success right here on campus. Flinders University has the credentials to compete with any other university in the world. had graduated at the top of their class from an exclusive institution. Some of the most intelligent people in the world study at Flinders University. A person needs to be curious, innovative, and brave to come up with new ideas and concepts. You should be more equipped to decide whether or not Flinders is the right fit for you now that you know this information. It’s a remarkable accomplishment to have your company named Australia’s top employer of new college grads. Many of those who earn our degrees go on to work as teachers, mentors, and practicum coordinators because of the high regard in which they are held. This is because of the esteem in which people hold our credentials. Times Higher Education ranks Flinders University as the 43rd best university in Asia and the Pacific, and the 271st best institution in the world. The 2020 edition of the ultimate ranking of the world’s finest educational institutions is now available. Our goal is to increase our company’s positive global impact by fostering connections in the places where we do business and partnering with organizations across the world that are tackling pressing problems in fields like education and science.
The degree programs at Flinders University have consistently been ranked among the top in the world since the university’s foundation. The job market is very favorable for graduates of these top institutions. Flinders University in Australia is the birthplace of a number of thriving companies. An internship at one of these firms can be a great way to gain exposure to innovative business practices. The majority of Flinders University’s facilities may be found in the city’s core business district. areas that are easily accessible from Bedford Park. Guests will appreciate the hotel’s convenient proximity to the beach and the city’s commercial district. This report includes the financials for both the Plaza and the Student Center. Companies from all over will be able to rent out office space in the skyscraper. Flinders Village is home to several one-of-a-kind stores and exciting happenings. The liberal arts education that students at Flinders University get is a major contributor to the university’s reputation for excellence.
Flinders University offers numerous orientation and orientation-related programs to help international students adjust to life in Adelaide and Australia. Even after orientation has ended, we stay in close contact with overseas students. Ninety percent of our international students say they would recommend us to a friend or colleague. The University of Adelaide’s Flinders Medical Centre will be much more accessible once the new Flinders Village station and line are completed in 2020. The Flinders Medical Centre will be more accessible, saving time and effort for patients who need to go there. If you’re able to find a place to live and a job in the same central business district, you can cut 22 minutes off your daily commute. Time and effort reductions are considered. About 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s downtown is where you’ll find Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus. In the distance, you can make out the city and the harbor.
The native flora and animals of Australia, as well as the lake, provide a striking contrast to the neighboring high-rise buildings. Flinders University is probably located in Adelaide’s lovely and convenient Bedford Park neighborhood. The cost of living in Adelaide is significantly lower than in other major cities. Please use either “(2016 World Liveability Report)” or just “(2016 World Liveability Report)” when referencing this piece. Student-initiated research and development is highly valued at Flinders University. Flinders University offers a wide range of counseling and financial assistance services to help students make informed decisions, such as major selection and goal planning. The Tonsley innovation zone and other parts of town will be more accessible after the New Flinders Rail Station opens in 2020. The business district of Flinders Village has been greatly expanded as a result of recent building.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $33,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- This Scholarship Makes Available to You:
- Up to 3.5 years of tax-free earnings of $33,000 per year based on the full-time rate of 2023, indexed annually
- An internship in business that gives you the opportunity to put your study into practice while you’re still earning your degree.
- Access to the experience of both academia and industry through collaborative supervision
- A friendly atmosphere in which to acquire cutting-edge research techniques and develop your expertise in your field of study.
- the possibility of managing a difficult research project and coming up with creative solutions to difficult problems.
- A forum for collaborative research in which you can improve your abilities and expand your professional network in order to advance your research career.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You will need the following in order to be considered for the Scholarship:
- To be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, a permanent resident of Australia, or to either hold a relevant international visa or be eligible to apply for one; and
- Meet the requirements for admission to the PhD program at Flinders University, which include having an Australian Honors degree of Class 1 or 2A, an equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), or evidence of equivalent research experiences in the form of refereed publications or considerable experience as a lead researcher; and
- The beneficiaries of scholarships are required to begin their studies as quickly as is practically possible within a timetable that has been determined by the Office of Graduate Research in agreement with the industry partner, with the maximum amount of time allowed being three months from the day that the scholarship was accepted. It is possible for this time period to be extended to six months if the conditions are extraordinary and the industry partner and the university both give their agreement.
- completed postgraduate study in Sport and Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) (A Bachelor’s degree with Honours class 1 or 2A Graduate Diploma or Masters degree by coursework with a research component of at least 18 units, with an average GPA of at least 6 in the research component).
- maintain or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check, a National Police Criminal History Check, and have completed the Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse, and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN)-EC Training.
- Maintain an active status of Level 1 (or higher). Achieving Accreditation with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association
- Additionally, it is highly desirable for applicants to have:
- Acquired more than six months’ worth of experience as a Strength and Conditioning Coach in a school or sporting environment, or the equivalent amount of part-time experience.
The Flinders University 2023 Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry PhD Scholarship is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Please ensure that the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form that is attached to this message is completed in its entirety before submitting it to Dr. Kym Williams through email at the following address: [email protected].
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship is July 17, 2023.