Conducting social research on the spread of 5G in Australia is the objective of this PhD project’s goal. This doctoral program is connected to an Australian Research Council Discovery Project titled “5G and the Future of Public Communications.” The successful candidate will work with, be supervised and mentored by Associate Professor Rowan Wilken and Dr. James Meese from the School of Media & Communication at the Melbourne (CBD) campus of RMIT University, as well as collaborate with Professor Catherine Middleton. This position is located in Melbourne, Australia (Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada).
About the Scholarship:
Located in Melbourne, the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) is an Australian research institution. Internationally, the university is noted for its exceptional vocational and professional education, applied research, and other services. Ormond established the foundation for the university in 1887. In the beginning, it was a night school where students could pursue courses in the fields of technology and art. A public university designation was bestowed upon the institution in 1992. Almost 87,000 students are enrolled at RMIT University each year, including 34,347 international students, both onshore and offshore. Research also brings in $54.1 million for the university.
The university is ranked 11th in the world in terms of art and design studies. In the heart of Melbourne, RMIT University’s main campus has tremendous historical significance because of its placement in the city’s oldest section. The institution also has campuses in Bundoora and Brunswick, both in Australia. There are two regional locations, two campuses and a center in Spain. As a result, the university’s campus now consists of 87 structures. RMIT University’s campus is spread across six city blocks and covers an area of approximately 720,000 square meters, making it one of the largest in the world.
More than 437,000 RMIT University alums working in 130 countries make up the university’s alumni network. Some notable alumni include Jim Stynes, a well-known charity worker; James Wan, a film director and writer; Lydia Lassila, an Australian Olympic gold medalist; Charles Billich, a well-known artist; and Australian animator Felix Colgrave, who studied at the university. RMIT has been providing blended learning – both online and in-person – for some time. Students can study online by taking part in lectures and tutorials through Canvas, our online learning and teaching platform, to ensure ongoing learning in any setting. You’ll be part of an engaged digital community at RMIT, where we all connect and learn together, no matter where you are in the world. The Bundoora campus, located on Melbourne’s northern outskirts, is home to several of RMIT’s health, biomedical science, and engineering programs.
There are a number of sporting and recreational facilities, including a FIFA-approved football pitch, an Australian Rules football oval, an athletics track, and tennis and netball courts on the campus, as well as cutting-edge teaching facilities. RMIT’s Health Science Clinic, located near campus, offers training in Chinese medicine, chiropractic, osteopathy, and psychology. A tram or bus may easily get you to and from the Bundoora campus, which is surrounded by lush forests and tranquil parks. As an international institution, RMIT has two campuses in Vietnam, as well as a language center, and a research and industry collaboration center in Barcelona, Spain. RMIT also provides programs through partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, and mainland China, as well as research and commercial links on every continent. Students from other countries often face difficulties in finding housing, but this is not the case in Melbourne. If you’re seeking for a private place to stay, we advise you to wait to pay until you’ve seen the place. One or two weeks prior to your start date is a good time to arrive in Melbourne. RMIT Village has a collaboration with RMIT. It’s no surprise that because RMIT Village is housed in the former grounds of a historic hotel, many of the apartments feature balconies and an outdoor pool. Several RMIT campus buildings are within a 5- to 10-minute walk of RMIT Village. RMIT was ranked 223rd in the QS World University Rankings for 2021.
On the list of the world’s top 50 universities under the age of 50, the University of Sydney is ranked 18th overall and 8th in Australia. The University was ranked 281st in the globe in the 2021 US News Best Global Universities rankings. It is also included in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) and Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings as one of the world’s top 400 universities. RMIT was ranked tenth in the world in the 2020 Times Higher Education Impact Ranking. In order to better serve Aboriginal people, RMIT is partnering with them and promoting their self-determination. Reconciliation must be a part of everything the University does if it is to be sustained over the long run. Indigenous and non-Indigenous individuals are being reintegrated into the RMIT community in a long-term effort to achieve reconciliation. A notable component of Melbourne’s skyline is RMIT University’s central city campus, which is noted for its urban presence. As soon as lessons end, you can join a club or society, eat your free weekly breakfast at the cafeteria or engage in a variety of activities on campus such as free weekly breakfasts and free fitness classes as well as live music performances. RMIT provides something for everyone. You may get a large choice of reasonably priced and nutritious foods and beverages in the area. You’ll also be able to walk to a wide variety of homes in the area.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): RMIT University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $32,841
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- Grants for higher education
- a stipend equivalent to $32,841 per year on a pro rata basis if the student is enrolled in classes full-time, with the possibility of an additional six months of funding. This sum will be adjusted annually to account for inflation.
- Candidates from other countries who are successful in obtaining this award are also eligible to receive either the RTP International Tuition Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS) or the RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS).
- An RTP Fee Offset scholarship is made available to any and all local candidates who are either nationals of Australia, New Zealand, or Australia who have permanent residency status. Applicants who are awarded an RTP Fee Offset scholarship will not be required to make any payments toward their tuition costs for the duration of their full-time enrollment in the program.
- a relocation stipend to cover the costs of relocating in order for them to participate in their postgraduate research program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per kid, with a maximum payout of $1,540 for paid sick leave, maternity leave, and paternity leave combined (within the limits of the Scholarship Terms and Conditions).
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- fulfill the entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy program at RMIT University.
- possess either a first-class honors degree, a second-class honors degree, a comparable degree, or a master’s degree earned via research in Media and Communications or a similar field.
The University acknowledges that in order for students to complete their educations, they will need to make a significant financial investment in themselves. Scholarships for Egyptian undergraduate and graduate students based on merit Students who believe they meet the qualifications for receiving a student scholarship can submit an application for it at our Dubai office.
The RMIT University 2022 PhD Scholarship in Media and Communication (Australia) is open to all International Students
- If you are interested in applying for this position, please first email Associate Professor Rowan Wilk and Dr. James Mees before 30 June 2021, with the subject line: Interested in applying for this position?
- Letter of intent (outlining interest and alignment with the proposed research, and addressing the selection criteria)
- An electronic copy of one’s academic records.
- A concise curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two referees).
- Those who are selected will receive assistance in preparing a formal PhD application to RMIT University. If a prospective student receives an offer of admission from RMIT University, their scholarship application will be successful.
The application deadline for RMIT University 2022 PhD Scholarship in Media and Communication (Australia) June 30, 2022