The Australian government is the one that provides funding for RTP Stipend Scholarships. They do this by providing financing that is allotted to students in order to assist them with the costs of living while they are pursuing a research higher degree.
About the Scholarship Provider:
In 1967, the Queensland Institute of Technology (QIT) Capricornia was established in Rockhampton, the future home of Central Queensland University. Central Queensland University wasn’t officially named such until 1992. The same year also saw the establishment officially become known as the University of Central Queensland. In 1994, the name of the school was changed to Central Queensland University. As part of its growth and rebranding in 2008, the university adopted the name CQUniversity. The university’s main campus is in a rural part of Australia, but it has over 30,000 students, making it one of the largest educational institutions in the country. Students from over 140 countries, including Australia, take use of the excellent learning resources available at this institution.
Rockhampton, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Cairns, Bundaberg, Brisbane, Gladstone, Emerald, Townsville, Noosa, Sydney, and Mackay are just a few of the cities that are home to the university’s campuses. In addition to Noosa and Sydney, Mackay is another option. In addition, the establishment manages a wide range of study locations. The school provides opportunities for both long-term and short-term education, as well as research and programs leading to graduate and undergraduate degrees. The university offers courses in a wide variety of disciplines, including but not limited to the following: education, the humanities, accounting, the law, community service, apprenticeships, trades and training, psychology, health, the performing and visual arts, social work, information technology, digital media, science, and the environment.
It also boasts six educational institutions where young minds can learn and grow. Moreover, the institution seeks to achieve its research goals through establishing partnerships with researchers and research networks from all around the world. It also houses a collection of some 600 artworks, including both Australian and international paintings and photos. The artworks are on loan to other institutions including museums and galleries for short-term exhibitions. The university is very pleased with its alumni base of over 100,000 graduates. All across the world, its graduates are making significant contributions as leaders in a wide range of fields. The filmmaker Wayne Blair, ABC Radio Brisbane’s morning host Craig Zonca, WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange, and Energex’s current CEO Terry Effeney are just a few of the famous alumni.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Central Queensland University (CQUniversity)
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $32,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- A living allowance stipend is provided to the recipient of the RTP Stipend Scholarship. This stipend is given to the beneficiary every two weeks through the payroll system at the University.
- Students who are citizens of the United States and have been granted an RTP Stipend Scholarship will also be considered for an RTP Fees Offset Scholarship*. This scholarship will completely absolve the recipient of any tuition obligations for the duration of the Offset Scholarship.
- You do not need to submit a separate application in order to be considered for an RTP Fees Offset Scholarship.
- The value of the scholarship is $32,000 each year.
- Scholarships are available for up to three years.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- For a candidate to be eligible for an RTP Scholarship in accordance with the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017, the candidate must either be a domestic candidate or an international candidate who is enrolled in an approved RHD course of study at CQUniversity.
- A candidate must not be getting income from another source to support the applicant’s general living costs while the candidate is pursuing their course of study if that income is larger than 75% of the candidate’s RTP Stipend rate in order to be eligible for an RTP Stipend. If a candidate is receiving income from another source, they are ineligible for an RTP Stipend. It is not taken into consideration whether the candidate has money that is unrelated to the course of study they are pursuing or revenue that is received for the candidate’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs.
- A candidate cannot be receiving a similar grant of scholarship from the Commonwealth meant to offset RHD tuition fees in order to be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset. This requirement is in place to ensure fairness.
- This scholarship will be awarded to deserving candidates. The distribution of scholarships to candidates who meet the requirements will be guided by the following Scholarship Assessment Scale, which is comprised of the following three performance categories:
- Skills in writing and academic performance range from 0 to 20 points.
- The quality of the research project and how well it aligns with the research priority areas at CQUniversity (zero to fifteen points).
- Evidence of motivation, research experience, and the atmosphere in which research will be conducted (0-15 marks).
- For further information, please refer to the Research Training Program and Research Higher Degree Scholarships Policy and Procedure, which may be found on our Policy website (by searching for the policy name).
- When the winners of the scholarships have been selected, the applicants will be notified by email
- Applications have to be accompanied by all of the required supporting documentation. Applications that are missing required information will not be evaluated. The following items of supporting material are required to be submitted by applicants
The Central Queensland University (CQU) 2023 RTP Stipend Scholarships, Australia is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- The RTP Scholarship Program does not accept unsolicited applications. If you’re interested in applying for an RHD Scholarship, you should let your superiors know about it. On the proposal of the supervisory team, the School of Graduate Research will extend an invitation to prospective applicants to fill out an application.
The application deadline for the Central Queensland University (CQU) 2023 RTP Stipend Scholarships, Australia is September 29, 2023.