Tuition Awards for International Graduate Students at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Vancouver campus are available to international students who are enrolled in full-time research master’s or doctoral programs.
About the Scholarship:
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university that was established in 1908. In 1941, a medal bearing the name of the university’s founder, Henry Marshall Tory, was instituted to commemorate his contributions. Recently, the university was named the most international university in North America, according to a report. “It is Yours,” says the motto on the side of the building. This motto, which was first used in 1915, pledges to fostering the development of new ideas, scientific discoveries, and educational advancement. The goal is to motivate students and inspire them to develop innovative ideas that will make a significant difference in the world. During the 20th century, the institution expanded its educational offerings to include degrees in nursing, agriculture, and engineering. A research thesis, as well as the American model of specialization, were also pioneered by this movement. The institution, which is headquartered in Point Grey, is divided into two campuses: one in Vancouver and one in the Okanagan. This university’s main campus is located in Vancouver and encompasses 400 acres of land. Every inch of the site is covered in lush flora. It is home to a number of well-known institutions, including the Chan Centre for Performing Arts, the Centre for Interactive Research in Sustainability, the UBC Welcome Centre, and the UBC Centre for Plant Research, among others. The Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Dentistry, the Faculty of Law, and the Faculty of Science are just a few of the departments that can be found on the campus. Known for being a hub of research and study, Okanagan Campus is a popular destination for students. Both campuses provide a wide range of cultural activities and events throughout the year. Undergraduate degree programs, postgraduate degree programs, collaborative academic programs, exchange programs, and remote education programs are all available at the university. These programs include a diverse range of subjects, allowing students to select from a variety of options based on their particular area of interest. Students can choose from a diverse range of options based on their particular area of interest. The fields of applied science, architecture, law, medicine, dentistry, philosophy, anthropology, ancient culture, religion, and ethnicity are all included in the list as well. Furthermore, the students are supervised by highly qualified professionals who offer them with fundamental knowledge as well as hands-on experience. Under the student exchange program, students are also given the opportunity to become familiar with the curriculum of various colleges as well as develop a variety of other skills. In addition, experienced faculty members pay visits to the institution and accompany students to the workplace for hands-on experience. Justin Trudeau (the current Prime Minister of Canada), Kim Campbell (19th and first woman to serve as Prime Minister), Bjarni Tryggvason (astronaut and environmentalist), Monica Lam (founder of Moka5), and Evangeline Lily are just a few of the notable alumni who have graduated from UBC. UBC is located in the heart of Vancouver, Canada (Actress).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University Of British Columbia
Scholarship Country: Canada
Scholarship Worth: $3,200
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
The University will receive a Up to $3,200 per year as Tuition Fee Award, which will be paid directly to the University to offset your tuition fees.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Students who meet the following requirements will be considered for the University of British Columbia International Tuition Awards:
- International tuition fees must be assessed to students in order for them to be eligible for financial aid. The Student Service Centre allows students to look over their tuition assessments by entering in with their student ID and password.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in one of the approved graduate programs in order to be considered. Check your graduate program listing under Graduate Degree Programs (see Tuition / Program Costs box) for information on program eligibility and award amount.
- Ineligible students are those who receive external funding (for example, from their home government, the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship, or other funding agencies such as the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the World University Service (WUSC), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the National Science Foundation (NSF), or other funding agencies such as the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). In the event that a student receives external tuition support that is less than the value of the International Tuition Award, the International Tuition Award will be lowered by the amount received in external tuition funding.
- It is the University’s discretion to adjust the amount of this scholarship at any time without prior notification.
The University of British Columbia 2022 International Tuition Awards for Masters & PhD Students is open to all Nigerian Students
This is to encourage suitable individuals to apply for the NLNG Scholarship Program for the academic year 2022-2023. This scholarship opportunity is offered to students at all academic levels. It is a yearly scholarship for Nigeria undergraduates that should be followed by everyone. NLNG Scholarships provide financial help to students who would not be able to afford higher education on their own and are designed to recognize and reward academic success.
Responsibilities of the Students
- As a condition of receiving the award, new students need to enroll in classes for the upcoming term.
- This scholarship is automatically awarded to all international students who meet the eligibility requirements. The Student Information System is used to assign awards, which can be viewed by logging into the Student Service Centre once they have been assigned (SSC).
- Students who accept the scholarship online via the Student Service Center must verify that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- There are three equal payments per term, one at the start of each term. Late August is the time of year when September and January installments are assigned. In late April each year, the May instalment is assigned.
- UBC’s Registrar’s Office requires a copy of a student’s Record of Landing if they become a landed immigrant or a permanent resident while in school. To avoid having to pay foreign tuition, international students who become Landed Immigrants before the term’s tuition payment deadline will have to pay domestic tuition for that term. A student from outside the United States who becomes a landed immigrant after the first tuition payment due date is subject to domestic fees. The “Landed on” date (box 45) on the Record of Landing, not the Date Issued, is when a person becomes a landed immigrant.
- The International Tuition Award is no longer available to students who are charged domestic tuition fees. A pro-rata award will be made based on the length of time they were assessed foreign tuition costs before receiving their award.
- The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies should be contacted by students who believe they are eligible for the International Tuition Award but have not yet received it (all emails should include your student number)
The application process for University of British Columbia 2022 International Tuition Awards for Masters & PhD Students Is ongoing. It is worthy of note that the University of British Columbia 2022 International Tuition Awards for Masters & PhD Students is renewable every year.