Metropolia University of Applied Sciences offers scholarships for non-EU/EEA students who are applying to their bachelor’s or master’s degree programs. These scholarships are intended to provide financial support to international students to help cover the tuition fees for their studies at the university.
Here are some key points about the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Scholarships:
- Eligibility Criteria: The scholarships are typically available for non-EU/EEA students who are applying to study a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences.
- Academic Merit: Scholarships are often awarded based on academic merit. This means that applicants with strong academic backgrounds and records may have a better chance of receiving a scholarship.
- Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarships generally cover a portion of the tuition fees. The exact amount and coverage can vary, and it’s important to check the specific scholarship details for the program you’re interested in.
- Application Process: To apply for the scholarships, you would need to follow the university’s application procedure for the specific degree program you’re applying to. You may need to submit additional documents or information to be considered for the scholarship.
- Application Deadlines: Scholarships usually have their own application deadlines, which could be different from the application deadlines for the degree programs. It’s crucial to check the deadlines and make sure you submit your scholarship application on time.
- Notification: If you are awarded a scholarship, the university will notify you of the outcome. Keep an eye on your email and any communication from the university regarding scholarship decisions.
- Renewal: Some scholarships might have renewal requirements, such as maintaining a certain grade point average or academic performance throughout your studies.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Scholarships:
The eligibility requirements for the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences scholarships for non-EU/EEA students might include the following criteria:
- Nationality: Scholarships are typically available for non-EU/EEA students. This means that if you are a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you may not be eligible for these particular scholarships.
- Degree Level: Scholarships may be available for both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
- Application Status: You need to have applied and been accepted into a degree program at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. Scholarships are usually awarded to students who have received an offer of admission.
- Academic Merit: Scholarships are often awarded based on your academic performance, which might include your previous academic records, grades, and any standardized test scores required for admission.
- Minimum Grade Requirements: Some scholarships might have specific minimum grade requirements for eligibility. For example, you might need to have a certain GPA or equivalent grades to be considered.
- English Language Proficiency: If the language of instruction at the university is English and you’re not a native English speaker, you might need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Specific Program: Some scholarships might be tied to specific bachelor’s or master’s degree programs. This means that the scholarship might only apply to certain programs offered by the university.
- Tuition Fee Status: The scholarships are intended to help cover tuition fees. Therefore, you might need to pay the tuition fee as a non-EU/EEA student to be eligible for the scholarship.
What is the total award for the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Scholarships:
These scholarships are designed to cover a portion of the tuition fees for the selected degree program. The exact percentage of tuition fees covered by the scholarship can differ from program to program. Some scholarships might cover a higher percentage of the tuition fees, while others might cover a smaller portion.
How to Apply for the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Scholarships:
Here is a general overview of how you might apply for the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences scholarships:
- Apply for Admission: Before applying for a scholarship, you need to apply and be accepted into a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. Check the university’s official website for information about the application process and deadlines for your chosen program.
- Check Scholarship Opportunities: Visit the university’s official website and navigate to the “Scholarships” or “Financial Aid” section to find information about available scholarships for non-EU/EEA students.
- Review Eligibility: Carefully review the eligibility criteria for each scholarship to ensure you meet the requirements. This could include factors like nationality, academic performance, program of study, and more.
- Prepare Documents: Gather all the necessary documents for the scholarship application. This might include transcripts, certificates, letters of recommendation, language proficiency test scores (if applicable), and any other materials required by the university.
- Complete Scholarship Application: Depending on the scholarship, you might need to complete an online application form or submit your application documents via email or a specific application portal.
- Write a Personal Statement: Some scholarships might require you to write a personal statement or essay explaining your motivation for applying, your academic and career goals, and why you believe you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Submit Application: Follow the instructions provided by the university to submit your scholarship application and all required documents by the specified deadline. Make sure to double-check all the information you provide.
- Notification: Once the scholarship application deadline has passed, the university’s scholarship committee will review the applications and make decisions. If you’re awarded a scholarship, you will be notified through email or another communication method provided by the university.
- Acceptance and Enrollment: If you are offered a scholarship and you decide to accept it, you will typically need to follow the instructions provided by the university to confirm your acceptance and proceed with enrollment in the degree program.
Student Visa’s to Study in Finland
If you are planning to study in Finland as an international student, you will typically need to apply for a student visa or a residence permit for studies, depending on your nationality and the duration of your studies. Here are the general steps and information about student visas for studying in Finland:
- Check Visa Requirements: First, determine if you need a student visa or residence permit to study in Finland. Visa requirements can vary based on your country of citizenship. Citizens of EU/EEA countries, as well as Switzerland, do not need a visa or residence permit to study in Finland.
- Choose a Program and Obtain Admission: Before applying for a student visa, you must be accepted into a recognized educational institution in Finland. Apply to the university or college of your choice and obtain the admission letter.
- Apply for a Student Visa or Residence Permit: If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen and your study period in Finland is less than three months, you should apply for a student visa. If your studies will last for more than three months, you need to apply for a residence permit for studies. You can apply for a residence permit online through the Enter Finland service.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare all the necessary documents for your visa or residence permit application. Commonly required documents include a valid passport, admission letter from a Finnish educational institution, proof of sufficient funds to cover living costs, and proof of health insurance.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the required application fee when submitting your visa or residence permit application. The fee may vary based on your nationality and the type of permit you are applying for.
- Attend an Interview (if required): Some applicants may be asked to attend an interview at the Finnish embassy or consulate in their home country as part of the application process.
- Wait for the Decision: Processing times for visa and residence permit applications can vary, so be patient while waiting for the decision. It is advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date.
- Arriving in Finland: Once your visa or residence permit is approved, you can make travel arrangements to Finland. Upon arrival, you may need to register your residence at the local Register Office (Maistraatti).
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship opportunity.
The deadline for this scholarship opportunity is November 1, 2023.
Other available scholarships to look at are €40,000 IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Program ( MSCFP) for Female Masters Degree Students of IAEA Member States by the International Atomic Energy Agency, Austria 2024 or $1,000 Quality Comix Scholarship Program.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.