Maja and Tony Carp Scholarship 2021 is offering a Bachelor’s degree program in the field of Arts.
The University of Melbourne’s enduring purpose is to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research.
The university prepares graduates to make their own impact, offering education that stimulates, challenges, and fulfills the students, leading to meaningful careers and the skills to make profound contributions to society.
The University of Melbourne is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. Its main campus is located in Parkville, an inner suburb north of Melbourne’s central business district, with several other campuses located across Victoria.
In 2001, the Melbourne School of Population Health was established, the first of its kind in Australia, and continued the growth of the university. Work at the center involved contributions from many disciplines, ranging from the social sciences to epidemiology.
Health fields such as:
- Indigenous health
- women’s health
- mental health
- sexual health
- rural health
All have all been researched at the center. A significant change in the curriculum was established in 2008.
The newly created model for education was developed, known at the university as The Melbourne Model. In this curriculum model, students firstly undertake a general bachelor’s degree before specializing in either a professional or research graduate course.
- The scholarship supports refugees or people from refugee backgrounds from Sudan, South Sudan, and Somalia who are enrolling in the Bachelor of Arts.
- This scholarship was created with the intention to solely help refugee students to have a prestigious higher education at this ivy league institution.
- Must have all of the detailed paperwork and visas ready to travel and study in Australia.
Advancing Melbourne is structured according to five intersecting themes which represent the key focus areas over the next decade:
- Will offer students a distinctive and outstanding education and experience.
- Preparing students to be successful leaders.
- Preparing students to be change agents.
- Preparing students to be global citizens.
- Will be recognized locally and globally for our leadership on matters of national and global importance, through outstanding research and scholarship.
- A commitment to collaboration.
- Will be empowered by our sense of place and connections with communities. We will take opportunities to advance both the University and the city of Melbourne in close collaboration and synergy.
- Will deliver this through building a brilliant, diverse, and vibrant University community, with strong connections to those we serve.
How to Apply
The University of Melbourne today has over 8000 academic and professional staff support a vibrant student body of more than 48 000, including more than 13 000 international students from over 130 countries around the world.
The only way to apply for this scholarship is from a teacher who sees that a student fits the criteria of this scholarship.
It offers full fee remission as well as up to $30,000 over the three years of the degree.
This is a full-tuition scholarship that pays for tuition, fees, insurance, and always for some monthly allowance.
The deadline is twice a year following the Summer and Winter acceptance semesters at the University of Melbourne.
This is an annual scholarship.