If you are looking for any of the following opportunities, just know that you are in the right place, Pick A Scholarship as the world’s leading scholarship site, has taken it upon itself to update students searching for the following related terms:
- Mensa Foundation Scholarship 2022
- The Mensa Scholarship Application
- Mensa International Scholarships
- Mensa Scholarship Deadline
- The American Mensa Scholarship
- Mensa Scholarship Program
The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program awards more than $150,000 in assistance each year to college-bound students around the world. Scholarships are awarded based solely on 550-word essays that express applicants’ academic and career goals and how their personal experiences will help them achieve those goals.
Mensa Scholarship Program Relies on humble donations from approximately 450 volunteers across the country with the support of Foundation office staff.
More about the scholarship
The College of Mensa Scholarship Program includes one or more scholarships of $2,000, and may also include honorable mentions, all of which are awarded in accordance with the rulings of the MCSP Board of Directors, as funding permits.
The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program bases its awards entirely on essays written by applicants, therefore no consideration of grades, academic program or financial need will be given. By writing your career plan and outlining the means you undertake to reach your goals, you can earn a $2000 scholarship.
Essays may be written in either English or French, but only one essay per applicant will be accepted. The Mensa Canada Scholarship Program wishes to reward students who follow through with their career strategy.
Any claims made in the essay will be subject to verification, including but not limited to patents, publications, academic positions, and medical procedures. The decision of the judges is final. Finalists will only be contacted, by phone or otherwise, in accordance with the information provided in their application.
Finalists will be required to provide official proof of enrollment and sign a written consent form stating that the submitted essay is entirely their own work and allow Mensa Canada Scholarship Program Designated Agents to use their name, photograph for publicity purposes.
Applicants may also be asked to provide proof of US citizenship, green card or landed immigrant status, and up to two letters of reference.
Level/field of study
International Mensa Scholarships is for University students currently studying in the United States and also for International Mensa members attending a university other than in the US.
The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program is taken and hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you want to study in the United States, check out the best scholarships available to study in the United States.
Foundation International Scholarship The program is open to international men around the world, apart from the American Mensa.
The Mensa College Scholarship Program offers a number of different scholarships, with awards ranging from $2,000 to $3,000, and each scholarship has its own eligibility requirements.
Mensa Scholarship Foundation Program Eligibility
Applicants applying to the Mensa scholarship program must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship;
- US applicants do not need to be a member of Mensa. However, Mensa members can apply for both of these scholarship programs and the additional Mensa Member Rewards program. American Mensa members can apply for both the public scholarship program and the American Mensa member scholarship program. In the event that a member or dependent wins in both programs, only the highest value scholarship will be awarded following the Foundation’s rule of one award per applicant.
- Applicants must be US citizens or land immigrants enrolled in a full-time program at a US post-secondary institution, accredited by the relevant provincial Ministry of Education, during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- A full-time program is defined by consecutive fall and winter semesters.
- While some of the scholarships are for specific areas of study, most are for students in any major.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by January 31.
- All general awards are not restricted as to race, gender, level of post-secondary education, or financial need.
How to Apply for the Mensa 202 Foundation Scholarship Program 1
- To apply, interested candidates need only review our rules and criteria, and submit a 250-word essay outlining their career goals in 250 words or less.
- Save your essay in TXT or RTF format under the title “Essay”.
- Your essay should describe specific goals (academic, vocational, or career). It must contain explicit ideas and information.
- Please indicate the course of study and post-secondary institution you are attending in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Describe the steps you have taken, relevant experience gained (eg, paid or volunteer jobs, classes, honors, offices, organizations), and any difficulties you have overcome to achieve your goal. Indicate the steps by which you intend to achieve your objective.
- The text of the essay must not contain any form of identification of the author.
- Your email must contain only your personal information and the attachment must contain only your essay. Emails and attachments will be numbered and separated. Essays will be judged anonymously.
- Applications must be submitted by email as indicated in the instructions on the Submit Essay page. Entries received by any other means (for example, web page links, postal mail, or fax) will be disqualified.
- Please do not submit your essay more than once or email the judges to ask if they have received your essay. Unless you receive an “Email Not Delivered” email response within 2-3 minutes, your essay has been successfully submitted.
Application evaluation process:
- The Mensa Foundation assembles local judging teams of at least three members to review applications. Essays are judged on content as well as grammar, organization, and skill.
- The local scholarship board refers to the best local essays for review by the regional scholarship board. The regional board sees to it that all referred essays from local chapters are judged a second time.
- Regional judges rank local winners and nominate the best essays for regional and national awards. These essays are then sent to the National Scholarship Chairs. National scholarship chairs conduct additional rounds of judging to select regional and national winners.
- Each applicant may receive only one Mensa Foundation scholarship per year; therefore, winners are chosen to start with the highest dollar amounts. The next highest scorers receive prizes of the next lowest amounts, and so on until all winners are chosen based on the judges’ scores.
- The final list of scholarship winners will be presented to the Mensa Foundation Board of Trustees to certify the winners.
- Selected winners will be notified by mail and given instructions to claim their prize. They are required to provide proof of enrollment in a university study program during the following academic year, as well as proof of US citizenship.
Mensa Scholarship Application Deadline
The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program application window opens on September 15 and closes on January 15 annually.
Visit Mensa Foundation Scholarship 2022 Official Application Link