Applications are ongoing for the Master’s Scholarships for Nigerian Students at the University of Sussex 2022. Nigerian students are always welcome to apply. The scholarship is worth £3,000 for applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and will be awarded as a fee reduction on registration at Sussex.
For applicants who hold/expect to obtain a first-class degree, equivalent to a British Bachelor’s degree from an institution of higher education in Nigeria, the award will be automatically increased to £5,000.
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university near Brighton. We have both an international and local perspective, with staff and students from over 100 countries and frequent involvement in community activities and services.
Part of Sussex’s vision is to ensure that the student community remains international, diverse, and representative.
The provision of merit scholarships is therefore vital to their work. Postgraduate scholarships help ensure that Sussex attracts the world’s brightest minds and that the University maintains and enhances its reputation as a world-leading research institution.
About the scholarship
Launched in the fall of 2008, this scholarship is funded with support from Economics graduates and the Department of Economics. Economic research at Sussex focuses on policy-oriented research in development, international economics, and labor economics.
It is closely related to the needs of government agencies such as the European Commission, World Bank, WTO, DFID, UNDP, and UNICEF, as well as the international academic community.
We focus on three highly overlapping working groups: international trade, development economics, and labor economics. The department has an impressive track record for attracting research students and PhDs.
The focus on some African countries is motivated by a lack of funding opportunities for highly qualified African students.
Our master’s programs in economics and development economics also benefit from the presence of African-born students who bring important personal experiences from developing countries that can be shared with other students from more developed countries.
Level/field of study
The scholarship is open to postgraduate students studying for their full-time taught MSc programs, at the University of Sussex.
The scholarship is hosted at. the United Kingdom. Check other scholarships that you can apply for in 2022 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
If you are an international student wishing to study in the UK, this is your Complete Guide to Getting a UK Tier 4 Student Visa for International Students.
The scholarship is open to Nigerian students. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to study abroad, you can check our study abroad scholarships available for international students.
The scholarship is £3,000 for candidates who meet the eligibility criteria. You will benefit from reduced rates when registering in Sussex.
For incumbent candidates hoping to gain a first-class degree, equivalent to a British Honors degree from a higher education institution in Nigeria, the price will automatically increase to £5,000.
If your offer of a place is conditional, you must meet the conditions of your offer before being admitted to the University and receiving the scholarship. To receive the upgraded prize, you must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria,
- be a self-funded student
- have accepted the offer of a full-time position in an MSc program at the University of Sussex from September 2020.
- Meet the published academic requirements for the chosen course.
- If your offer is conditional, you must meet the conditions of your offer before being admitted to the university and awarded the scholarship. In order to receive the enhanced reward, he must provide proof of his first-class degree from a recognized institution in Nigeria.
- Please register your interest in the scholarship through PG Apply when you accept our offer of a place on an eligible Masters’s course. If you have applied through one of our overseas representatives, you will need to request that they do so on your behalf.
- Then, if you are successful, the scholarship information will be included in your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) for your visa application. If the scholarship information is not displayed on your CAS or you wish to register for the scholarship after the CAS has been created, please contact the Admissions Office: [email protected]
Visit the scholarship webpage for more details.
Extended 1st August annual.
University of Sussex Scholarships for Nigerian Students -FAQ
Yes. the scholarship is available every academic year
University of Sussex, UK
The scholarships are for all full-time Master’s courses at the University of Sussex (eg MA, MSc, LLM, MRes), with a few exceptions.
The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a fee reduction of up to £3,000.