JEN’s scholarship program has been in existence since the organization’s first year and remains an important benefit to the members and students we serve.
Each year, we proudly recognize talented, hardworking, aspiring students with a passion for jazz. We also offer a number of additional programs that help fund and support jazz education.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Outstanding high school or university students, ages 14 and UP, who in the opinion of their peers and instructors, displays exceptional talent and potential in jazz performance and/or education or industry
- Demonstrates potential for growth, artistic accomplishments, and leadership skills
- University students should demonstrate financial needs related to college tuition and/or school-related expenses.
- High School students should use the scholarship award as tuition to attend either a summer jazz camp or college tuition and/or school-related expenses.
- Must participate in a jazz class or ensemble during the school year.
What Each Applicant Needs to Apply
- Self-Nomination and/or recommendation by a current JEN member may be submitted online with required support materials.
- Narrative describing how the nominee meets the eligibility criteria.
- The nominee’s address, phone number(s) and email address are required data.
- Three to five letters of support and a short biography may be uploaded as a unit to JEN at a later date, including one support letter from your Jazz Program/Ensemble.
- JANUARY 1 – Application Forms and Criteria are available online until closed for the various scholarships and awards.
- MARCH 31 – Application and additional support materials to all programs.
- MAY 1 – Notification to recipients as applicable.