It was in 1995 that the Diamond Jubilee Bursary was formed, and it was given its current name in recognition of the fact that 1995 was the 60th anniversary of the beginning of the academic dress hire service. Beginning in 2017, this award category will be offered to female students enrolled in Master’s degree programmes that have a research component.
Up to the year 2009, the funding for these scholarships were raised on an annual basis by the Academic Hoods and Gowns Hiring Service. This service was administered on a volunteer basis by the then trustees, members of The AFUW-SA Inc. (later GWSA Inc.), and supporters of the organisation.
Today’s funding comes from further investments, bequests, and donations, as well as revenue generated from the legacy of capital that was left behind. For women who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia and who are enrolled in a postgraduate Master’s degree programme (by research or involving a thesis component) at a university in the state of South Australia.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Flinders University exemplifies the type of forward-thinking, student- and alumni-focused institution that has come to define modern higher education. Flinders University teaches its students to “seize the day” when they have a chance to do so. On campus, you can find any and all resources you could need to excel in your studies. Flinders University competes well with other top schools. Appeared in the top two percent of universities worldwide. Flinders University has cutting-edge facilities and a student body that shares your dedication to learning and insatiable need for information. You need to be curious, creative, and proactive to think in unconventional ways. Flinders University’s accomplishments are measured against your study’s findings. We are thrilled to have been recognised as Australia’s greatest employer of recent college grads.
Our degrees are highly regarded in the academic community, and our alumni have several chances for furthering their careers through internships, practica, and mentorship programmes. Flinders University is placed #271/271 by Times Higher Education, with a #43 Asia/Pacific regional ranking (THE World University Rankings 2020). We plan to increase our beneficial impact by strengthening our relationships to the local community and promoting international cooperation in areas like as research and education as we expand.
There is a regular high international ranking for degrees from Flinders University. As recent grads, these people appear to have promising prospects. Several renowned corporations, like as CISCO and BAE Systems, may trace their origins back to their time spent at Flinders University. Interning for one of these companies is a fantastic way to gain work experience and exposure to cutting-edge business strategies. The main Flinders University campus is located in the heart of Adelaide. The area around Greater Bedford Park. The picturesque seashore, the best shopping in town, and the bustling financial sector are all easily accessible from this sleek and centrally located hotel. Costs associated with the Student Hub and Plaza are factored into this estimate. Classrooms, shops, restaurants, and even a bar will all find a home in this multi-use complex. Flinders Village’s cutting-edge research facilities, thrilling cultural events, and one-of-a-kind shops put it in prime position to become a thriving urban centre. Flinders University recognises that its students’ academic success is directly tied to the breadth and depth of the resources at their disposal.
Overseas students can find events and services to ease their transition to life in Adelaide and Australia through Flinders University. We provide comprehensive services for our international students, beginning with their arrival and ending with their graduation. Almost 90% of our international students would recommend studying at our institution. Our academic medical facility, Flinders Medical Centre, will benefit from the construction of a new train route and station in 2020 as part of the Flinders Village project. Locals, students, and workers will save an average of 22 minutes per day on their travel into the city’s core. In the end, you’ll spend much less time and energy on this. Bedford Park, about 12 kilometres south of Adelaide’s city, is home to Flinders University’s main campus. The beauty of the port and city is fully revealed from this vantage point.
The environment is picture-perfect, with a lake and indigenous Australian flora, and the architecture is state-of-the-art. Bedford Park, in which Flinders University is located, is a scenic and functional neighbourhood. The general public agrees that Adelaide is a world-class metropolis that won’t empty your wallet. The city’s proximity to renowned wine-producing regions, plenty of green space, variety of top-notch dining options, and unique metropolitan culture all contribute (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders University is dedicated to providing its students with a stimulating and encouraging learning environment in which they can develop to their fullest academic and personal potential.
All of us here at Flinders University are dedicated to making improvements in many areas that affect our students. Financial aid, academic advising for major choice and budgeting, and numerous extracurricular activities are just some of the many resources available to students at Flinders University. The main campus, the Tonsley innovation zone, and the heart of Adelaide will all be connected by rail after the opening of the New Flinders Rail Station in 2020. Over the past year, building in Flinders Village has brought a slew of new businesses to the district’s bustling central business district.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $3,000
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- If more than one scholarship is awarded based on applicant ranks and funds that are available, the value of each scholarship will not be more than $3,000, but it may be less depending on the needs of the applicant or applicants who are successful in receiving the scholarship. In any given year, a scholarship may only be awarded to a single recipient at a time. The trustees of the AFUW-SA Inc. Trust Fund reserve the right to decide not to award a scholarship if the circumstances are particularly extraordinary.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate programme leading to an award that is equivalent to a master’s degree in standing. This must be accomplished through original research or by include a thesis component; and Have completed at least the equivalent of six months full time of their master’s programme; and Have a strong academic record from their undergraduate studies;
- Not be in paid employment at full time or be on leave that is fully paid for the duration of the Scholarship; Not have won a scholarship or award in the same category in 2022; and Not be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You must either be a citizen of Australia or a permanent resident.
- There are no limitations placed on the areas of study that can be pursued. It is possible to hold this scholarship in conjunction with scholarships presented by organisations other than the AFUW-SA Inc. Trust Fund at the same time.
- The selection of the winners is based on the applicant’s academic profile and contribution to both the academic community and the broader community, as well as their financial need, the impact that the scholarship will have on progress, the comments of referees, and the purpose for which the scholarship will be used.
- The following items are required to accompany applications:
- Official copies of academic records
- Curriculum vitae
- Documentation in support of the planned expenditures (quotes)
- Acceptance of enrollment as evidence
- Proof of permanent residency is required for nationals from other countries.
The Flinders University 2023 Diamond Jubilee Scholarship is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Beginning in the first week of January, individuals may go to the website of the AFUW-SA Inc. Trust Fund to get an application form for the 2023 scholarships.
- To be considered for a scholarship, applications must be completed, emailed to [email protected] by the deadline, and the subject line of the email must read “APPLICATION” along with the scholarship’s title.
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Diamond Jubilee Scholarship is March 31, 2023.