The Emily Lester Vermont Opportunity Scholarship is administered with the proceeds from a trust fund established through an annual appropriation from the State of Vermont’s general fund.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Your official transcript with your school seal or signed by an official from the school.
- Scholarship essays that help you stand out from the crowd.
- Letters of recommendation that show what teachers, coaches, and other professionals see in you.
Other documents as requested for certain scholarships, such as:
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A portfolio (for artistic submissions).
- Your resume.
- Information that a specific scholarship may ask you to provide, be able to provide it in a copy and scan format.
How to Apply
You will apply with the website portal they provide on their website.
Scholarships generally range from $1,000 to $2,000 and may not exceed $3,000. The amount disbursed cannot exceed your total costs (tuition, fees, room, and board) minus your expected family contribution (EFC) and all other sources of gift aid combined.
Deadline & Annual
The deadline is March 16, 2022 and this is an annual grant from the Vermont government.