Students from other countries who are enrolled in an appropriate postgraduate master’s programme in mathematics can apply for a scholarship in the amount of £3,000.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Among the top 100 universities worldwide and the top 15 in the UK, Southampton consistently ranks well. The University has roughly 7,450 students from 130 different countries, and it is a research-led, founding member of the prestigious Russell Group. Courses at Southampton University are grounded in the most recent scholarship and are taught by internationally renowned scholars in more than sixty-five different disciplines. Take a look at what we have to offer and enroll in a class that suits your needs. The arts and humanities, business, law, earth and environmental science, engineering and computing, medical and healthcare science, the physical and mathematical sciences, the social sciences, and education are just few of the many disciplines we cover. According to the Times Higher Education (2021 Guardian University Guide), the University of Southampton has the best civil engineering and electrical and electronic engineering programs in the United Kingdom.
According to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) Graduate Outcomes 2017/18, 96% of our graduates were in employment or further study 15 months after graduation, placing Southampton in fourth place among the Russell Group universities for graduates in employment. (slated for release in the year 2020). Former students of the University of Southampton can be found in such prestigious organizations as the BBC, Dyson, the National Health Service, PwC, JP Morgan, and many more. After you graduate, you’ll join a global community of more than 220,000 other graduates from more than 180 other nations. The University encourages students with remarkable talent to seek for scholarships. The University partners with many international scholarship and sponsorship organizations like Chevening, Commonwealth, and Fullbright to provide International Merit Scholarships available to international students pursuing a wide range of disciplines at the University. Southampton, only 80 minutes away from London, is a flourishing and busy metropolis. It’s a pleasant, secure, and green city that’s perfect for strolling. Southampton has a warm climate and a location on the English south coast, making it a popular tourist destination.
Southampton was classified as the 10th friendliest city in the UK by Big 7 Travel in their 2019 study (*The 50 Friendliest Cities in the UK, Big 7 Travel, 2019). Joining one of the over 300 different clubs and organizations is a great way to become involved with the local community, expand your horizons, and learn more about your new home. The University of Southampton provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from Heathrow and Gatwick airports for incoming students in both January and September, and faculty members give speeches and host events for new students in the weeks leading up to the start of classes. International students have access to a variety of resources, including a support service and a department dedicated to learning English. Southampton University was placed eighth in the UK for research intensity and eleventh in the UK for both the volume and quality of research after the publication of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. Over ninety-seven percent of research at the University of Southampton was rated as either “world-leading” or “internationally good.”
All overseas students are guaranteed a room in one of the university’s residence halls for the entirety of their time there. About 3,000 students call one of the 20 residence halls in Southampton and Winchester home. There are a variety of accommodation types available, from deluxe to regular, and even choices like catered stays and communal dorms. The Unilink bus system is free for students living in Southampton halls of residence, making getting about the city a breeze. In addition to university accommodation, the Accommodation Service can help students find homes for rent in the private sector by providing them with up-to-date listings and criteria for such rentals. Southampton is a vibrant and busy city that is only an hour and a half away from London. Winchester, Salisbury, and Bournemouth are all popular tourist destinations not far from London, while the New Forest and Stonehenge are also within easy driving distance. Southampton, located on England’s south coast, has a mild climate and is one of the warmest places in the United Kingdom. Southampton, historically renowned as the “Gateway to the World,” is still a major international port today. Its marina has hosted prestigious international yacht races like the Volvo Ocean Race and the BT Global Challenge. The city’s diversified population of 221,000 includes over 40,000 students, so there’s enough to do in terms of arts, sports, and amusement.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Southampton
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £3,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Those students whose applications are selected to receive the grant will have their tuition reduced.
- If the amount we grant is greater than your tuition expenses, we will pay the difference so that you do not have to worry about it. There will be no more funding made available to you.
- There is no option to receive the award in the form of cash, and it cannot be substituted for a necessary deposit of any kind.
- At the beginning of each new academic year, the discount on the tuition fees will be deducted from the total amount owed.The right to the fee waiver will be used in accordance with the refund policy in the event that you withdraw from or are suspended from a course before it has been completed.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- be an international student and have an offer, either conditional or unconditional, to study in one of the approved courses
- be responsible for paying your own tuition earn a first-class honours degree or a certificate that is equivalent in your undergraduate studies
- You are not allowed to have any kind of outside sponsorship at this time.
The University of Southampton 2023 Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship, UK is open to all International students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- In order to qualify for your scholarship, you will need to:
- fulfill all of the requirements that come with your offer.
- before the beginning of the semester, you must register as a full-time student.
- At the time of enrollment, please supply documentation showing where you live and your qualifications.
- pay any and all unpaid tuition fees by the respective dates set by the university.
- not be in possession of more than one scholarship offered by the University of Southampton – If you are qualified for more than one scholarship, you will be awarded the scholarship that has the greater financial benefit.
- You do not need to submit an application. If you are qualified for this scholarship, we will send you an email notifying you that you have been awarded it if you meet the requirements.
The application process for the University of Southampton 2023 Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship, UK is currently open.