The Florida Department of Education, Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) serves as a guarantor for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) and the administrator of Florida’s scholarship and grant programs. The OSFA mission is to facilitate higher education access and services by providing exemplary customer attention, comprehensive financial aid information, and convenient and efficient products.
Eligbility & Requirements
- Submit the Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) no later than August 31 after high school graduation.
- Complete the 16 college-preparatory courses required for admission to a state university.
- Achieve the required weighted GPA in the 16 college-preparatory courses. GPA should be no lower than 3.5.
- Complete the required number of service hours.
- Achieve the required composite ACT® or combined SAT® score.
- Evaluated by the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) as meeting the initial eligibility requirements.
- Graduated with a standard high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a Florida resident and U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Enroll as a degree– or certificate-seeking student at a Florida institution in at least 6 non-remedial semester credit hours.
How to Apply
You will need to register so you can login to begin filling out your application. Create a student account first, so you can proceed to apply for scholarships.
$300 awarded per semester for the duration of the scholarship.
December 1, 2021