At Queen Mary University of London, there is a program called the DeepMind Scholarship that aims to provide financial assistance and encouragement to members of underrepresented groups who are interested in pursuing postgraduate education in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Computer Science. Due to the fact that female and/or black students are presently underrepresented in these fields of study, scholarship opportunities are being made available to those students.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Queen Mary campus in London is an uncommon find because it is one of the few places in the city where students do not have to commute to class. Spitalfields, Brick Lane, and Columbia Road are all part of the East End, which is known for its abundance of ethnic restaurants, stores, and markets where tourists and locals can interact with one another. This location is also known for having Spitalfields. You will get a genuine experience of what it is like to live in London in the twenty-first century (literally!). The university is a well-liked option for students who are required to take courses from a variety of disciplines because of the extensive breadth and depth of its subject matter offerings.
You will notice a distinct international flavour on campus due to the fact that Queen Mary attracts students from all over the world. This will improve both your academic and social experiences while you are there. This higher education institution in the United Kingdom is 31 years old and has a rigorous admissions process that is based on entrance examinations as well as previous academic records and ratings. It is open to students from any part of the globe to submit an application for admission.
At Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), students have access to a variety of resources, including a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, online classes and distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. Queen Mary University has made a strategic commitment to high-quality research by investing in facilities on the cutting edge of their respective fields, as well as by recruiting the most accomplished academics from around the globe in their respective fields. In the most recent evaluation of research excellence in UK universities, Queen Mary University was ranked as having world-class research, and another 52 percent of the university’s research was ranked as being internationally excellent. The university’s students and faculty come from more than 160 different countries and cultures. Along with classes and research in science and engineering, the university also provides instruction and study in the areas of the arts, social sciences, law, medicine, and dentistry.
Queen Mary University of London, which can be found in an area of east London that is both artistically and culturally diverse, has a long-standing dedication to the creation of new knowledge and the expansion of existing knowledge through engagement with the general public. The educational establishment takes great pride in both the diversity of its student population and the support it provides for the local community. This support includes initiatives to increase educational opportunities and eliminate poverty in London.
The primary location of Queen Mary can be found in Mile End, which is located in the east end of London. It is the location of the preponderance of the university’s teaching facilities, in addition to the primary library and a number of residential halls. The neighbouring Whitechapel campus is primarily utilized for the conduct of scientific and medicinal research. East London is advantageous not only because it is less expensive than other locations but also because it is neighbouring to trendy places such as Shoreditch and Brick Lane. This makes East London a desirable location. In addition to the counterculture, the region has a long history of functioning as a cultural melting pot, attracting people from all over the globe.
The city of London is the capital of the United Kingdom and is home to approximately 8 million residents. It possesses a diversified civilization, with different attitudes, languages, and practices existing in different parts of the country. Over one hundred thousand international students attending 43 different colleges call the city home. The city’s world-famous museums, restaurants, parks, cultural offerings, and nightlife draw in fifteen million visitors each year. The primary campus of Queen Mary, University of London can be found in the east end of the city. Queen Mary is the third biggest college that makes up the University of London. It is one of the research institutions that makes up the Russell Group and was established in the year 1785.
Queen Mary University has a solid reputation on the international stage due to the fact that more than 3,000 of its 16,000 students come from more than 150 countries. Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry are both well-known for their work in the fields of medical education and research. Queen Mary University of London is home to the world’s biggest academic health science centre. At Queen Mary’s Medical School, some of the specialized departments include dentistry, cardiovascular medicine, surgical specialties, and infectious illnesses. The relocation of the School of Dentistry to brand-spanking-new, state-of-the-art accommodations occurred not too long ago.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Mary University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £28,950
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
An yearly living allowance of £15,480, a travel scholarship of £2,000, a one-time equipment grant of £1,700, and tuition in the amount of £12,250 (international students pay $28,950) will be provided for each recipient of a DeepMind Scholarship. The overall cost of attendance for international students is $28,950.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You must meet all of the following requirements to be qualified to apply for a scholarship from DeepMind:
- You must be a student in either the UK or internationally.
- Identify as feminine and/or are of Black ethnicity; both of these groups are underrepresented in the field of artificial intelligence and computer science. Identify as a member of another underrepresented group.
- Hold a firm promise to study on any one of the following courses beginning in September 2023: At Queen Mary University of London, you can earn a Master of Science degree in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), a Master of Science degree in Computer Science (Full Time), a Master of Science degree in Computer Games (Full Time), a Master of Science degree in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (Full Time), or a Master of Science degree in Robotics (Full Time).
- The applications will be narrowed down by a selection committee, and the group will make the ultimate decision regarding which five students will be given the award. By the 31st of July in 2023, applicants will be notified of the results of their submissions.
- A copy of the letter that offers you a place to study at Queen Mary for either the Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), Master of Science in Computer Science (Full Time), Master of Science in Computer Games, Master of Science in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (Full Time), or Master of Science in Robotics (Full Time) programme.
- A filled-out application form, which must include a brief explanation (no longer than 500 words) of why you should be considered for the grant and what sparked your interest in pursuing this line of research at Queen Mary University of London.
- A CV
The Queen Mary University of London 2023 DeepMind Scholarships for International Students is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Check to see if you meet the requirements to submit an application. The panel will not take into consideration any applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria, and awards may be revoked if it is subsequently discovered that applicants did not meet the eligibility criteria or provided false information.
- Kindly save this document to your computer and fill out the DeepMind Scholarship Application Form 2023 [DOC 32KB].
- To apply, please email your curriculum vitae, an offer letter from the institution, and any completed application forms to [email protected]. Please ensure that your first name and last name are clearly visible on all of your paperwork.
The application deadline for the Queen Mary University of London 2023 DeepMind Scholarships for International Students is June 5, 2023.