Foreign students can apply for the Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS), which pays their international tuition fees as well as a monthly stipend. A very small number of overseas students are eligible for FIPRS each year, and each round is extremely competitive because of the restricted amount of scholarships available. Candidates are selected for the FIPRS based on their ability to conduct independent research, their academic standing, their background in academic research, and a variety of other factors.
About the Scholarship:
Flinders University prioritizes student success and career development. To make significant progress at Flinders University, you must go above and beyond. The university has all the necessary resources. Flinders University in Australia has all the modern university features, including innovation, student-centeredness, and career-focus. At Flinders, you’ll learn in cutting-edge facilities with like-minded people who will push and motivate you. Creative, entrepreneurial thought can alter an industry. Flinders University’s success depends on how well you do, and we respect your efforts. We love Australia’s postgraduate job opportunities.
Our degree programs offer professional placement opportunities, industry projects, and mentoring programs to help you move from academic study to monetary benefit after graduation. Flinders University is ranked 43rd in Asia-Pacific and 271st globally (THE World University Rankings 2020). As we move forward, we must increase our global reach through international research and education alliances and continue active involvement with commercial and industrial sectors, local communities, and every corner of the globe.
A Flinders University degree will equip you for a successful and fulfilling career in your field of study or research. Due to Flinders University’s extensive links with companies like CISCO and BAE Systems, students can participate in practical internships. Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus is centrally located in Adelaide, giving students convenient access to shopping malls, the CBD, and the city’s beaches. Student Hub and Plaza will contain study rooms, retail businesses, cafes, and a bar for 63 million dollars. Flinders Village will have cutting-edge research facilities, entertainment, shopping, and other amenities. Flinders University values student support since it’s linked to student achievement.
Flinders University and Adelaide provide several international programs and events to help high school students transition to college. Our foreign student services are available from the moment you come on campus until you graduate. International students at Flinders University are happy with our student support services, which demonstrates our dedication to helping them. The 2020 Flinders Village development will include a new train line and station near to our on-campus teaching hospital. Everyone, including students, industry, and the community, will save time and money. Bedford Park, 12 km south of Adelaide’s CBD, is Flinders University’s main campus. The house’s outstanding position with city and shore views gives it much to offer.
On manicured grounds with native Australian vegetation and a lake are modern buildings. Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus delivers a stimulating learning environment by combining natural beauty and conveniences. According to polls and rankings, Adelaide is one of the world’s cheapest and most livable cities. The city’s parks and green spaces, diversified population, superb restaurants and cafés, and proximity to world-class wine regions all contribute to its success (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders supports students academically and personally. This is done to make academics fun for students.
Flinders University is committed to improving the quality of life for its students by offering high-quality food and retail services, health and wellness resources, student grants, career and financial counseling, and numerous social events to bring students together and help them maximize their time here. The 2020 Flinders Train Station will connect the university’s main campus, the Tonsley innovation zone, and Adelaide’s central business district. Flinders Village will comprise research facilities, student residences, cafes, stores, and other urban amenities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $28,854
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- The FIPRS is responsible for covering the tuition costs associated with pursuing a research higher degree at Flinders University for international students.
- In addition to this, the receiver of a stipend receives a considerable living allowance that is provided at the rate of $28,854.00 each year (2022 rate). It does not incur any taxes and is increased each year by an index.
- An FIPRS student who relocates to Adelaide from another country is entitled for an establishment allowance (after arriving at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation fees and travel, providing that the student can present receipts for the expenses incurred.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The following criteria will be used to determine who is eligible for awards:
- be a citizen of any country located outside of Australia and New Zealand, with the exception of New Zealand, and not have citizenship in Australia, permanent residence status in Australia, or citizenship in New Zealand; and
- intend to enroll in a higher degree by research program in Australia for the very first time in the year that the award is scheduled to be given out and study there on a full-time basis. Students who began their higher degree by research in the previous year but were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment may be considered; students who began a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of beginning may also be considered; and students who began a higher degree by research and were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year may also be considered.
- intend to enroll in a research concentration program in a certain field. These are the areas in which the University excels, where it has focused the majority of its research resources, and where it has been successful in attracting financing from outside sources; and
- To be eligible for a higher degree by research, you need to fulfill all of the entry requirements, including reaching a certain level of English proficiency as outlined in the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
- The Scholarships Committee will choose the recipients of the awards based on academic merit and potential for further study.
- The rankings of the applications will be determined in accordance with the University’s Guidelines for Ranking Applications for Postgraduate Research Scholarships.
- Students who are beginning their pursuit of a higher degree by doing original research will be given priority status at the university.
European Union Institute (EUI) Senior Fellowships provide a platform for established students with an international reputation to continue their research at EUI. There are four departments at the European University Institute, each of which offers a ten-month fellowship. You are encouraged to participate in departmental activities as part of the fellowship (seminars, workshops, colloquiums, etc.).
The Flinders University 2022 Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is open to all International Students
Before submitting an application, each and every applicant is needed to first read through the application rules that are provided below.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2022 Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is August 5, 2022