Irene Pestov, Vladimir, Xenia, and Sviatoslav (Slava) Pestov’s late wife and mother, received her PhD in Mathematics from Victoria University of Wellington between the years 1993 and 1996. Vladimir, Xenia, and Sviatoslav (Slava) Pestov have established this scholarship in her honour.
Through assisting them in extending their enrollment during the last months of writing up their thesis, the recipients of this scholarship will hopefully be able to finish their Master of Science or Doctor of Philosophy theses in the field of mathematical sciences or geosciences.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Victoria University has welcomed its first class of students back in 1897. The primary campus is located in the Wellington neighborhood of Kelburn, which is only one mile from the city center. The city center is home to a number of prestigious educational institutions, including several schools of architecture and design and the Law Faculty, which is a division of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration.
If you want to get to know other students and participate actively in campus life while studying abroad in New Zealand, you can join any number of student groups and clubs. The Kelburn campus in New Zealand is home to the Humanities and Social Science, Engineering, Health, Social Science, and Education departments. The second site is Pipitea Campus. It is located near the New Zealand Parliament building and serves as the headquarters for the Management and Facilities of Law, Finance, Government, and IT. As the third and largest campus, Te Aro is where you’ll find the Faculty of Design and Architecture. Furthermore, the central business district of Auckland is home to Victoria University.
Furthering one’s education beyond the undergraduate level is also an option. There are around a thousand dedicated educators working there who want nothing less than the best for their students. More than forty research institutions and centers make Victoria University an excellent choice for students who want to get practical experience. The university’s campus and facilities are often regarded as among the best in the world. This means it serves as a home for many different types of art. There are also workshops and performances during the lunch break. The university’s proximity to major thoroughfares makes it not only practical to commute to, but also a breeze to get to. There is a long list of well-known people who graduated from Victoria University. You’ll recognize some of these names: Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Dr. Alexander Gerst.
Victoria University of Wellington ranks first in New Zealand when it comes to the research intensity of universities, the single most important measure of research excellence. There are over forty individual research facilities on campus. To develop their critical thinking skills, students can choose from more than 170 majors and participate in research projects, internships, and field trips. At the heart of our commitment to tikanga Mori is Te Herenga Waka, the marae (Mori meeting house and grounds) at our institution (Mori cultural traditions). Campus residents, such as students and their whnau, can congregate here as well. Also noteworthy is the university’s Living P project, which involves rehabilitating a marae to encourage greater cultural understanding and respect. In order to make the world a more egalitarian, sustainable, and just place, the community has come together to establish a living lab called The Living P. The University of Wellington, located in New Zealand’s capital city, has access to numerous resources and a large network of contacts in a variety of fields, including politics, government, culture and history, commerce, and science.
The buildings that house the New Zealand Parliament, where legislation are discussed and voted on, are conveniently located near the University of Auckland’s Kelburn campus. The small city of Wellington, New Zealand, packs a lot of punch when it comes to recreational opportunities, historical sites, and cultural happenings. In addition to its cosmopolitan atmosphere, safety, and friendliness, the city is renowned for its great cuisine and coffee. The University has a strong commitment to ethical principles such as respect, fairness, responsibility, and compassion.
Our dedication to principles such as long-term viability, social responsibility, community support, equity, diversity, collegiality, and transparency is indicative of these fundamental ethical principles. The university shows its commitment to its core principles by providing academic and mental health services to its students. Furthermore, the university has a specialized international support team available to assist overseas students with everything they may require throughout their stay there. To that end, Victoria University of Wellington is committed to educating students so that they can confidently engage with individuals from all walks of life and from all corners of the globe.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $2,500
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- Victoria University of Wellington 2022 Irene Pestov Memorial Scholarship with a value of $2,500
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- This grant is available to female students who are in the final stages of working on their thesis and are majoring in either mathematical sciences or geosciences.
- When it is not possible to do so, the scholarship will be split between the mathematical sciences and the geosciences.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington in a PhD or MSc program on a full-time basis.
- Applicants have to be currently enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington in a PhD or MSc program in the mathematical sciences or geosciences in order to be considered.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled women in school.
- The applicants’ theses must be in their final stages of completion in order to be considered.
The Victoria University of Wellington 2022 Irene Pestov Memorial Scholarship is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Eager and competent?
- To submit an application to Victoria University of Wellington, please visit their page on wellingtonscholarships.communityforce.com.
- The deadline for submitting a completed online application is 4:30 pm on the closing date.
- Applications that are late or missing required information will not be considered.
- The application will not be processed unless all relevant supporting materials (including references) are received by 4.30pm on the closing date.
- It is standard practice to begin accepting applications one month before the application deadline.
- If you don’t see an application link below, try back closer to the deadline.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The application deadline for the Victoria University of Wellington 2022 Irene Pestov Memorial Scholarship is November 1, 2022.