Matsuo Bridge Company, Ltd. of Japan is one of Japan’s leading fabricators of steel for bridges, buildings and other structures. Established in 1925, the company operates steel fabrication plants in Sakai (Osaka), Chiba (Tokyo) and Shanghai, China. In addition to sales offices in every major city throughout Japan, the company has overseas representative offices in Houston, Texas and Hanoi, Vietnam and a subsidiary company, Hamilton Construction Company, in Springfield, Oregon. Listed on the Tokyo and Osaka stock exchanges, Matsuo Bridge boasts numerous signature projects throughout Japan, including the world’s longest suspension bridge. The company has also completed projects in North and South America, Asia and the Middle East.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Student must be enrolled full or part time in an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Applicant must submit all application information.
- The rcipient does not have to be a member of the American Welding Society; however, he/she must agree to participate in the AWS Foundation or Matsuo Bridge Company, Ltd. of Japan Sponsored publicity.
How to Apply
There are four steps to the application process:
Step 1: Register for a Profile. Use an email address you will still be able to access in 18 months.
Step 2: Create an Academic Profile, which includes your personal statement and career objectives.
Step 3: Find out which scholarships you are eligible for based on your academic profile and geographic location, and click to apply.
Step 4: Provide references and any required documentation to complete your applications.
One $2,500 award will be given annually.
The award will be available to students nationwide; however, priority will be given to individuals residing in the states of California, Texas, Oregon or Washington. A resident is defined as having lived in a specified area for a minimum of one year.
Deadline & Annual
September 1st, 2021 but this is also an annual scholarship.