Within the battery storage team of Swansea University’s SPECIFIC IKC, which is a component of the university’s battery storage team, this PhD will concentrate on the manufacture of electrolytes for solid state batteries. This is an important area of research to promote renewable energy sources in order to minimize greenhouse gas emissions. Solid state batteries have the potential to have a longer lifetime, faster charging, and safer operation than conventional liquid state batteries.
As part of the research, composite powders will be designed in order to generate eutectic compositions, which will allow for the fusion of particles at temperatures lower than those required by the usual procedures. In order to ensure that the project is completed successfully, the ideal applicant will have access to a comprehensive collection of manufacturing and characterization tools. This new project has some method alignment that will support PhD training while also being separate with regards to project aims. They will work alongside a current PhD student who is working on sintering of solid-state electrolytes through a near infra-red heating process in order to reduce sintering time.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Both the caliber of its teaching staff and the level of contentment experienced by its student body have earned Swansea University a stellar reputation in recent years as it approaches its centennial anniversary in 2020. Both of the university’s campuses are situated within a few hundred meters of the water’s edge and are easily accessible. The Singleton Park Campus was established in 1920 and can be found in the center of Swansea. It is encircled by acres of parks and provides breathtaking views of the water.
The year 2015 marked the beginning of building on the brand-new Bay Campus, which will boast its very own private beach when it is finished. There are three academic faculties that give students from more than one hundred different nations the option to engage in undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. These students come from all over the world to study at this university. The Institution is a university that places a significant emphasis on research that is directed toward the development of answers to issues that are prevalent on a global basis. Roughly ninety percent of their research is considered to be either “world-leading” or “internationally good” in terms of the impact that it has on society. Students pursuing the majority of degrees are given the opportunity to do work internships or integrated years in the industry during their studies. Additionally, the Swansea Employability Academy, which has received numerous accolades, provides free career advice and opportunities.
The University is committed to achieving its aim of providing all first-year students with the option to either study or find job in a nation other than the United States of America. Swansea University is the kind of educational establishment that goes out of its way to treat its students with warmth and hospitality and also sets a high value on those pupils. It is highly renowned for having a robust social scene due to the fact that it has an active students’ union in addition to having 170 different clubs and organizations to choose from. It is well acknowledged that Swansea is the cultural and entertainment centre of South West Wales, and the city is home to a flourishing nightlife that is geared toward meeting the demands of students.
Both a meet-and-greet service at Heathrow Airport and an orientation that lasts for the entirety of one week are provided by Swansea University in order to ease the transition that students must make into the community in which they will be living. The English Language Training Service provides individualized instruction and instruction in a range of pre-sessional classes throughout the course of the academic year. These classes are offered in addition to general English language instruction. International@ CampusLife is the name of a permanent office that can be located on each campus, and the office’s only mission is to support international students in any way possible.
They provide assistance, direction, and advice to international students on a variety of topics, including visas, money, and welfare, and they do it in a number of different settings. Residential Services is responsible for providing accommodations for around 4,500 students. In order to ensure that first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students have access to university housing, their housing applications must be received by the 31st of June. A distance of four kilometers separates the main Singleton Campus from the campus’s largest building, which contains more than one thousand individual rooms. The vast majority of locations provide a combination of standard rooms and rooms with private toilets for the purpose of housing all of the pupils.
Provision of Housing for the Students The university manages Swansea, which provides students with assistance in obtaining private rental accommodation and organises communal housing for students residing in the city. In addition, the University of Swansea gives its students the opportunity to live in communal housing. Swansea, which is the second largest city in Wales and is recognized for the rich cultural atmosphere that it provides, is where the establishment can be found. Swansea is the location of the establishment. Swansea University is a very desirable option for potential students from other nations, in large part due to the university’s attractive waterfront campuses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swansea University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £23,668
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
This scholarship provides a salary of $23,668 per year and covers the entire cost of UK tuition. Added research costs will also be covered.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Students who wish to pursue a doctoral degree at Swansea University must first earn a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.1.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Fully Funded Swansea University 2022 EPSRC PhD Positionsin Solid State Electrolytes for Batteries, UK open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit Swansea University’s website at www.swansea.ac.uk.
- In order to apply, please ensure that your application is completed electronically and includes the following information:
- Please select the following for the course choice: Mechanical Engineering, PhD, Full-time, Three Years, and January.
- In the event that you have already submitted an application for the program described above, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent application. If this occurs, please send an email to email@example.com, where staff members will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Please choose 2023 as your starting year.
- Funding (page 8) –
- “Are you paying for your own schooling by yourself?” – could you choose? No
- If you are asked for the “Name of Individual or Organization Providing Funds for Study,” you should enter “RS162 – PhD Engineering.”
- *Pease note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the above information accurately when applying for the scholarship. Applications that are submitted without the above information listed will not be considered for the award of the scholarship.
- It is necessary to submit a separate application for each every Swansea University-led research scholarship award; submissions that list more than one Swansea University-led research scholarship award will not be taken into consideration.
You are REQUIRED to upload the following papers as part of your application to be submitted online (please do not send these materials through email):
- EDI Monitoring Form (which stands for equality, diversity, and inclusion) (online form)
- Certificates of completion and academic transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- Cover letter that is one page long and emphasizes most crucially why you believe this particular PhD program would be beneficial for you.
- Two references, either academic or from former employers, must be on letterhead or use the reference form provided by Swansea University. Please take note that we are unable to consider any references that have been sent to us that cite private email addresses such as Hotmail. When providing a reference, referees should include the email address associated with their place of employment.
- Documentation demonstrating compliance with the English Language requirement (if applicable).
- A copy of the residence visa for the UK (if applicable)
The application deadline for Fully Funded Swansea University 2022 EPSRC PhD Positionsin Solid State Electrolytes for Batteries, UK is November 16, 2022.